British Insurance and MOT

Hi Chaps. Been looking in here for a few weeks now to glean information about a Thruxton purchase next spring. I love some of the things you all do to your bikes. So question:

Do you have to tell your insurance company of the mods you make to your bikes? For example : Do they 'load' your premium when you change from the 'stock' exhaust to other (thinking tor) And, do you have to put the originals back on when you take it for MOT ?

I realise most of you are not 'here' but any insight would be appreciated !
Thanks

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
My insurance never even saw my bike. I called my agent from the dealer - and had the bike registered as stock.

Ive modded everything and never told them.

AceT100

Rocker
Hi Chaps. Been looking in here for a few weeks now to glean information about a Thruxton purchase next spring. I love some of the things you all do to your bikes. So question:

Do you have to tell your insurance company of the mods you make to your bikes? For example : Do they 'load' your premium when you change from the 'stock' exhaust to other (thinking tor) And, do you have to put the originals back on when you take it for MOT ?

I realize most of you are not 'here' but any insight would be appreciated !
Thanks

If your in England, let them know or they will fuck you over if you have to claim...My Monster was a total loss & I ended up losing the bike, and paying a shit load out of pocket to fix the asshole's car who took me out.

Here in the USA where I live now, its very different....

And shop around for a good deal, and avoid Carol Nash like the plague!