Brake pads

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
It's time for new ones!

Any one have a good-to article? Never tried this before. Doesn't seem to difficult...

Ootnaboot

Scooter
It's time for new ones!

Any one have a good-to article? Never tried this before. Doesn't seem to difficult...

Don't have a how-to article, but it's super easy: just pop 'em out and pop the new ones in. You ARE gonna use EBC sintered HH pads, right? They're infinitely better than the OE crappy pads.

drlapo

Hooligan
don't forget to use synthetic lube on the piston seals and a smidge on the back of the pad to prevent noise

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
Don't have a how-to article, but it's super easy: just pop 'em out and pop the new ones in. You ARE gonna use EBC sintered HH pads, right? They're infinitely better than the OE crappy pads.

EBC - yes!

Ill swap the pads tonight. DrLapo, will do.

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
Also, the whole caliper does NOT come off right? I just pull the pin, and drop the pads out?

Or do i have to remove the caliper from the rotor?

drlapo

Hooligan
its best to remove the caliper so you can clean out the area near the piston
push the piston out SLIGHTLY using the brake pedal and clean the area aroud it and apply a smear of synthetic brake piston lube to keep out corrosion
push the piston back in with a large screwdriver; don't scratch it
or just pull the pads, replace and go

Twodogs

Street Tracker
don't forget to use synthetic lube on the piston seals and a smidge on the back of the pad to prevent noise

Is the noise you mention a sort of vibrating sound when applying the brakes??? I replaced my front pads and when pulling on the brakes a kind of buzzing noise can be heard. I did not put lube on the back of the pads, never have in the past but have never experienced this noise before either.

AceT100

Rocker
Is the noise you mention a sort of vibrating sound when applying the brakes??? I replaced my front pads and when pulling on the brakes a kind of buzzing noise can be heard. I did not put lube on the back of the pads, never have in the past but have never experienced this noise before either.

That sounds like it....