Bike week

koifarm

Hooligan
I just drove by Daytona last night headed for a funeral but the town is packed full of people attending the "shoot out" nascar races and the big one today (i think).
But it just reminded me that bike week is just around the corner.
I'd like to extend an invite to anyone wishing to pitch a tent in the back yard. You are more than welcome, we do have an outdoor shower for bathing and actually have a 14' recreational camp trailer which will accomodate a couple or two single guys quite nicely, first come/first serve on that one....it does have electric and a little stove for cooking.
I can move things around and park two or three bikes under cover in the barn. No problems with campfires, do have a dog but not a problem, she's inside most of the time and friendly.
Y'all come on down, Daytona is a good 45 minutes south of here, you can make it to Rossemeyers in about 35 minutes on the interstate. (there's already a party going on there) and downtown is an hour from here. We live five minutes from the Interstate, 3 minutes to the local Harley shop, have numerous restaurants (Dennys, Applebees, Cracker Barrel, KFC, Sonny's barbeque, I hop, Burger King, Mackdonalds, five gas stations and as many motels as well, there is also a campground nearby for those pulling motor homes (you can't get a motor home in my place, roads too narrow and turns tight,)
Just to locate for you, we live very near the SR 16 exit off 95, a bit west from there, that is the northernmost road leading to town from the "I", there are two more exits south of here for St. Augie.
If you haven't been to St. Augustine, it's nice to explore, they rope the downtown plaza off for bikes only and there is a ton of stuff to see, local bars and restaurants and many attractions just great for a day trip walking around town. All the local MC dealers (Harley, Suzuki, Honda, Yamaha) have some activities going all week, hot dogs as usual, but hospitality is great.

GF

Scooter
Thanks for the hospitality! I won't be attending this year- but it's really cool of you to offer your place to use.
I've been to Bike week before- St. Augustine is a great place to visit, and not too far from all the activities. Have fun!

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Yea, St. Augustine is definately worth a visit if you're down this way. Orlando is also a great place to see, if you like traffic, construction and toll roads :d

pz1p

Two Stroke
hey koi
you make good PR man for St. Augustine, it is a pretty town, bridge finished yet. your tallahassee connection.

koifarm

Hooligan
Progress

hey koi
you make good PR man for St. Augustine, it is a pretty town, bridge finished yet. your tallahassee connection.

It's coming along nicely, they are now beginning to replace the girders on the east end with work on the approach lanes again on the east side. It's exciting to see the structure coming back knowing it will be stronger than ever now.
West side, doing prep work on three of the four tenders towers and getting ready to pour concrete into caissons to support the upcoming girders on the town side.

Not a lot of touristas in town right now so it's relatively easy to get around. Weekends are crowded now with the races in Daytona but over today. Next thing is Bike Week.....