Are you feeling old and creaky ????

strokerlmt

I turned 64 this month and when I get up in the morning it takes me awhile to work out all the stiffness. In 1969 my Uncle Dave came riding through Montreal with his wife Ruth on their way to New Brunswick on a Honda 305. He has been riding his whole life. On Monday Uncle Dave stopped by for a couple of days with Ruth. They are both 70 years old and still riding. This trip was Toronto ro Chicago, Route 66 rally to Santa Monica CA. SM up the coast to us in Central Coastal Cali. They kicked off today headed up to Sacramento hooking a right and across the USA back to Toronto. Hope I can do something like that when I am 70…….
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1110.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0

monty

Street Tracker
Hell yeah LMT.
I am approaching 50 and I have a few issues, mainly as a result of carpel tunnel and the resulting surgery.

However, a couple of my chums are in their seventies and still going strong.

Long may it continue.

Monty

strokerlmt

That BMW can drive itself. It had every option except the James Bond rocket launcher. In fact it had so many buttons and functions it hurt my head just looking at it. Heated rising/lowering seat, adjustable this and that. It even has a cable less throttle.
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
That is bad ass they are taking that kind of a trip. If the bones get too creaky then bolt on a sidecar and to quote you...."press on." :D

Interesting!!!
I also have a CanAm Spyder and ride with a gentleman who is 80 yeas old. He keeps up just fine. I'm pushing 65, I hope I can still keep going at 70.

After two back surgeries in three years and and looking at a third in the near future, I know how you feel in the mornings. Best therapy I've found is to ride as much as you can stand. Works for me.

Ride every nice day I can. Lots of 150 to 250 mile loops. Often will ride a couple of hundred miles, go home, eat supper and go for a ride. 50 years down, and looking at 20 more. I am only 75, but age is only just a number...

DandyDoug

750cc
old and creaky ?

Yes i feel it every day :wtf:

I admire those who can still get out ride and enjoy it. In my case it just got too damned unbearable pain wise so i had to stop riding.Not happy about it at all but the reality is what it is for me.
I have sold off most of my gear and all my motor bikes , i did hold on to just enough gear so if my situation improves ( not likely ) I can get back in the sport.
I might try some retro tours i read about where you can rent an older bike and go along for a few days of great roads in the mountains not far from where i live. but that depends on a lot of things beyond my control at the moment .

No regrets, after a long time riding, started out on a Whizzer Sportsman at age 12 , and had to hang up my helmet at age 70. I do miss the knees in the breeze but not the grief of rain/heat/humidity/freezing cold :flag: