Aftermarket Gauges

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
So, I picked up a Bonnie that I'm wanting to put more of a cafe flavor to, and want to change the guages out. Originally, I had wanted to put Thruxton gauges on, but haven't had much luck finding any. If I decide to go looking at aftermarket speedos and tachs, does anyone know the correct size to fit the stock bracket? I'm currently in Afghanistan, or I'd do the measurement myself, and I've tried searching, but have come up empty. Also, if I go with an aftermarket part, like Autometer, is there anything particular I should look for? I know most of those gauges are designed for cars, and wasn't sure if there was anything unique to motorcycle gauges. Thanks!

Easy13

Street Tracker
I did away with my OEM gauges a while back in favor of these:

IMG_1233.jpg

Available at MikesXS http://www.mikesxs.net/products-46.html

You'll need the electronic tach. The speedo has the idiot lights built in (oil, turn signal, hi-beam and neutral) and it's not too tough to hook up. They're good reliable gauges and not overly pricey, if you decide that's the way you want to go.

Paddyboy30

Two Stroke
Thanks for the link, Easy. I already ordered up a Speedo/Tach bracket from D9 that fits the stock gauges, and I'm concerned since I can't figure out what size gauges I need to order. The one you posted looks great, but I was almost thinking more of a race bike look, like a set of autometer or (more reasonably priced) sunpro gauges. I'm keeping my options and mind open, but I need something that'll fit in the stock holes in the bracket.

Thanks for the link, Easy. I already ordered up a Speedo/Tach bracket from D9 that fits the stock gauges, and I'm concerned since I can't figure out what size gauges I need to order. The one you posted looks great, but I was almost thinking more of a race bike look, like a set of autometer or (more reasonably priced) sunpro gauges. I'm keeping my options and mind open, but I need something that'll fit in the stock holes in the bracket.

check out danmoto.com. some very reasonably priced stuff and I've heard (no experience myself, but I do plan to order...) good things. lots of sportbike riders use the exhausts as they look awesome and seem to perform very well. hopefully their gauges are quality too.