A grand day out

j.mac

Scooter
Hi out there. Yesterday I set off on one of my long days out. I went on my scrambler and set off at 7 in the morning leaving Hartlepool in the north east of England. I headed north to my fav place Scotland. My first stop was for breakfast and petrol at Draghorn services on the A 720 ring road around Edinburgh. This is 155 miles from home, after the manages special breakfast and petrol of we go. I head for Stirling and on to the A84, a really nice road for bikers, but was spoilt by the large amounts od spilt diesel so it was steedy away. At lockearnhead the road changes to the A85 to my next stop. The seaside town of Oban 280 miles. The town was busy and a good place for fish n chips. The next part if to the best road in Scotland the A 816 to Lochgilphead and then on the A83 to my next stop at Inveraray. I nice place and had a quick cuppa and a scots pie. After the break its off back home through Glasgow town centre after missing a turn off. Wow teatime traffic then headed for the M 74. Some 20 miles south of Glasgow I stop for petrol as the rain starts. This lasted all the way home to Hartlepool some 150 miles. By the time I got home the trip was 588 miles. I grand day out on my scrambler. :mad2:

marty

Scooter
Sounds great, I really must get up to Scotland from Yorkshire soon.
Can't see me doing so many miles in one day, however there are plenty of biker friendly B&B's and hostelries I believe.

Roger

Street Tracker
Hi out there. Yesterday I set off on one of my long days out. ....... By the time I got home the trip was 588 miles. I grand day out on my scrambler.
Awesome trip and thanks for the highlights. I checked some of them out with Google Maps. Found the Dreghorn with the Shell station and Little Chef restaurant. Would love to go for a swim in Loch Earn. Oban looks like a beautiful little town. Take a ferry from Oban and find more new roads to explore. The A816 and the A83 look like amazing roads to ride on. Would love to take a run on some UK roads. Maybe someday.
Can't see me doing so many miles in one day, however there are plenty of biker friendly B&B's and hostelries I believe.
Yup. I would be taking my time if I were to do this and take advantage of campsites or B&Bs.