185 Miles for a burger

staplegun

Scooter
Did you know that there is no gas in Hillsboro New Mexico... I forgot.

My ride starts after a 90 mile run on the slab to get to Hillsboro to ride NM 152, oops no gas in Hillsboro.

I turn around and head for lunch in Elephant Butte.

A burger at the new golf course
315523382_Mop4W-M.jpg

A little Pot
315524044_BHaAg-M.jpg

Elephant Butte Lake near the dam
315524303_zcP4j-M.jpg

I guess that means I have the road to myself
315525213_kYJ2w-M.jpg

Yup the road is mine
315525442_qx5Ly-M.jpg

Evil waiting for a biker on a blind curve
315526138_bF8dE-M.jpg

Birds come from miles around to poop on this monument
315526293_oqLUx-M.jpg

staplegun

Scooter
30 miles of fresh chip seal fun...
315526950_42XYh-M.jpg

I hate chipseal, I am hot and this is the last picture I took...
315527128_2vooP-M.jpg

Now I need to figure out where to ride next weekend.

TeeBee

scooter
New Mexico must be very hot at this time of the year.
Nice photos, though. Hope you enjoyed your burger-trip.

Greetings,
Thor

GuyM

Street Tracker
Good photos of what must have been a fun ride. Kind of lonely out on those roads eh?

staplegun

Scooter
The Camelback is a great product. Most definitly needed during the summer out here.

I have ridden this trip many times. Once I am out of town, there have been times I have never seen another vehicle.

DavidC

Rocker
In NJ, if you are on a road with no one on it, you're likely to be on a restricted road by Fort Dix or Earle Naval Base - and then you get a whopping big ticket for being there from the MP's and a nasty lecture from the "federal" judge!:D

staplegun

Scooter
In NJ, if you are on a road with no one on it, you're likely to be on a restricted road by Fort Dix or Earle Naval Base - and then you get a whopping big ticket for being there from the MP's and a nasty lecture from the "federal" judge!:D

It can be the same out here with White Sands Missle Range and Ft. Bliss.

Louzilla

Scooter
Looks a lot like Nevada. I'm doing a ride in few weeks on the loneliest highway in the US / HWY 50. I hope it really is lonely and I can hit a ton on the new Bonnie with no one around.

staplegun

Scooter
I have tickled the ton and them some on that road.

It sucks because of the fresh chip seal, but it will setup over the summer.

Hedge

American Infidel
XLNT report! I have a camelback I use for Skiing and just picked up a 2nd one for riding.

Ohio TT

Two Stroke
Just watched one of your videos on Youtube where you mentioned standing on the pegs. I've seen several reports of Bonneville pegs breaking off. Some of the guys have changed bolts or the complete pegs. Just wanted to be sure you were aware of this potential problem.

staplegun

Scooter
Just watched one of your videos on Youtube where you mentioned standing on the pegs. I've seen several reports of Bonneville pegs breaking off. Some of the guys have changed bolts or the complete pegs. Just wanted to be sure you were aware of this potential problem.

I was on my Enfield for that ride. I fabricated some new pegs using some dirt pegs I found at a motorcycle salvage yard.

I have changed the direction of my thoughts and have decided not to duel sport my enfield and am looking for a true DS bike.

UraniumC

Banned
nice video. NM is beautiful country.

I was just in the Taos area last week, but without the bike. We got my pal's jeep bogged down in a mud hole about 40 NW of town. Lonely place to get stuck.

Met a guy with an '04 Enfield. Beautiful bike.