09 EFI Air Box Elimination kits

Anybody have experience with the Air Box Elimination kits for the new EFI bikes? Options I've found are by British Customs and Triumph Performance USA.

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
I will the second week in January.

I have the stain tune cans... Im trying to decide weather to order JUST the airbox remover OR the whole kit with new cans.

Budget is half the issue.

been a little while. I went with the British Customs set-up. I was leaning heavily toward the Staintunes and ended up with Predators, which I love after getting them on. I installed the Air Box kit, Air Injection Removal and Preds. The bike sounds and runs great! Still need to get the computer remapped at the dealer with a Triumph "offroad" map. If anything, the richer fuel:air mixture should help the bike run cooler.

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
been a little while. I went with the British Customs set-up. I was leaning heavily toward the Staintunes and ended up with Predators, which I love after getting them on. I installed the Air Box kit, Air Injection Removal and Preds. The bike sounds and runs great! Still need to get the computer remapped at the dealer with a Triumph "offroad" map. If anything, the richer fuel:air mixture should help the bike run cooler.

You have the EFI bonnie?

How has the Air Box removal treated the bike, is there a difference in performance? As of right now the bike is running with the box removed, with STOCK map?

Sean at British Customs recomended a a TuneBoy map of his ($200) Or the Triumph Arrow exhaust 2into2 map.

My airmox removal kit comes this week.

Yep, I have an '09 EFI Bonnie. I did the Air Box mod while the bike was still being broken in. So, I can't verify any performance enhancement since I was riding the bike easy at the time. And yeah, I have a stock map as of right now. I'll be going with the Triumph Arrow 2into2 map as soon as I can get my rear to stop at a dealer. I tried the TuneBoy but had trouble with it. I started a post here about that experience and it ended up getting a bit nasty. Anyway, good luck with the install and you'll like the sound.. A LOT.

..oops. I got ahead of myself. I was thinking Predator exhaust included with the Air Box mod when I mentioned you would like the sound. But, even with just the Air Box you will hear a neat RUSH of air going into the system when you open up the throttle all the way.

LINDY

Two Stroke
I'll be going with the Triumph Arrow 2into2 map as soon as I can get my rear to stop at a dealer.
I just got the Arrow tune loaded today, What a difference:cheer:. The bike really comes alive all through the powerband, and generally feels like it runs and idles smoother.

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
Lindy - Same thing as of today. I could not agree more. The airbox removal was a good investment. Solid performance. I definitively feel the bike having a much easier time accelerating.