12mm Kidney stone!!!

nohawk

Rocker
This has been a real shitty week for me. Got beat up and robbed in LA last Monday and had to take myself to the ER this Monday for the all too familiar lower back/side pain. I had one of these evil bastards back in 06 and didn't know what was going on inside my body. I was scared as hell, riding back to Conroe TX from Waco on hwy7 when it got bad and I had to call 911 on myself. Ended up passing that one a week later. Now this one first started being a pain about a month and a half ago while in AZ but it didn't freak me out cause I knew what it was. Well this Monday it got WAY bad. I have spent the last two days in the hospital in Lees Summit,Mo(no fucking insurance either) and they told me it was too big and too close to my kidney for them to fix it so this morning they put a stint up me pecker to my kidney and in on my way to see a Doctor in Tyler,TX. I don't wanna sound like a pus but damn I have asked "why me" a couple of times this last week.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Shitty man, thats no good. Hopefully all starts turning around for you soon. thats one of those little bastards I hope I never get. For there to be green grass, you gotta put up with the rain. Keep us posted on your recovery and let us know if you need anything man. As for the why you, well, thats life man. Good news is that after such a shit tastic week you can usually look back and be more grateful for what you do have.

T-boy

Rocker
Never had a kidney stone myself, but I've heard the pain is excruciating! Makes a grown man turn into a crying baby in a matter of seconds. Here's hoping things take a turn for the better real quick, nohawk.

koifarm

Hooligan
Had em for years...passed five or six of em successfully but one got stuck and had to be surgically removed....worst case scenario.
Only help I can be to you is to advise you to drink tons of water, when the pain gets bad get up and walk and walk and walk and drink more water....it helps pass the stone.
You might look into extracorporeal lithotripsy, I'm now doing that once a year as preventative medicine. The machine pulverizes the stones to dust.
Might be worth picking up some health insurance just for six months to a year and get those kidneys buffed out so you don't have further complications.

Nick Morey

Rocker
Shifty week, for sure, nohawk. I feel for ya man...
Sometimes life just sucks... Period.
Hope you bounce back quick!

nohawk

Rocker
Thanks fellas. I'm sure I'll survive. Well said Tex, I have put the brakes on my pity party. Thanks for the kind words. Koifarm thanks for the advice, I think they are going to try to do that litho deal that smashes it up since there is no way for it to come out on it's own. I may be out of work for awhile and that has me a little worried about bills but there is not much I can do about that. Even when life is bad I know it could be worse. Thanks again for the dose of positive feelings.

koifarm

Hooligan
Not bad

Thanks fellas. I'm sure I'll survive. Well said Tex, I have put the brakes on my pity party. Thanks for the kind words. Koifarm thanks for the advice, I think they are going to try to do that litho deal that smashes it up since there is no way for it to come out on it's own. I may be out of work for awhile and that has me a little worried about bills but there is not much I can do about that. Even when life is bad I know it could be worse. Thanks again for the dose of positive feelings.

The lithotripsy is normally an outpatient surgery, in and out same day. What they did in my case was shatter the stones then flushed me out while I was still under, showed me a pile of stuff about a big tablespoons worth, that they flushed out. Then require that you strain your pee for two days...got a few more chunks out that way.
You should miss no more than two days work if it goes well.
The only side effects to the procedure may be some slight bruising around the lower flank(back/side) but I never felt any. I'm due later this month for the semi-annual check up and probably will schedule another session at that time.
It's a pain in the ass keeping your body in good shape but then it's the only bod you have....may as well treat it good.

whyme

TT Racer
yeah... I had a big one too. I forget the size but i passed it. My first clue was red piss...now that REALLY wakes you up.

DIRK

750cc
sounds like a cheap thrill to me. better mix a lot of whiskey with that water, self medicating can be a good thing?

whyme

TT Racer
yeah. i drank a lot when I had mine. I went to a Chinese massage center and happen to pass it there. You should have seen me try to explain to them that I needed to get something out of the toilet. And no, it was a regular massage place.

phil

Street Tracker
Had em for years...passed five or six of em successfully but one got stuck and had to be surgically removed....worst case scenario.
Only help I can be to you is to advise you to drink tons of water, when the pain gets bad get up and walk and walk and walk and drink more water....it helps pass the stone.
You might look into extracorporeal lithotripsy, I'm now doing that once a year as preventative medicine. The machine pulverizes the stones to dust.
Might be worth picking up some health insurance just for six months to a year and get those kidneys buffed out so you don't have further complications.

yeah, actually cranberry juice is really good for the old plumbing too.