Front end Dual need help/advice

strokerlmt

This is for .....Sweatmachine , Rodburner .....or anyone that has experience and can assist and adviseeeeee.....
As I have been modding my T-100 for years and I have been boxing the bits and pieces. The idea is to eventually use the parts to make another very unique Bonneville and something my wife would ride.
I need advice from better mecannnniccccs than me. I have a pair of true 41mm speed triple forks + triples etc + dual calipers + speed T front brake res in the garage......
I am running a Carrozzeria 350-17 front alloy rim and will not change....best I have ever had.........
I would like to put the 41mm forks + dual brake calipers on the front end using the T-100 frame with my rim...
So ....how do I match up triple trees....forks....axle....rim and keep the balance for the bike....
As always thx in advance to anyone who takes the time to educate my dumb assssss.
LMT

rodburner

Rocker
My stuff is all stock,so no 2 cents from me.I have seen an S3 front end on a Bonnie though,over on the RatNet. Dual disc's doesn't seem,to me anyway,like the extra weight and complexity are worth it,on relatively light,moderately powered bikes like mine. We all pretty much have the same top speed and the extra stopping power,again,to me,would just make the back end that much lighter during panic stopping,making the bike more squirrely. Wow,that was like a nickels worth of BS. Sorry.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
You might not be able to do it. If the wheel doesn't have the blt holes for a rotor on the other side then you have to get a new wheel. A speed triple front wheel would work perfect, obviously with all the speed triple parts. I'm not sure the size of our stock front forks but if they are 41 you can use the stock triple trees and just slide the forks in, if not you would have to get them machined to fit, or see if the steering stem was the same for the speed triple and drop that with new bearings in.

em_dot

Street Tracker
I looked into this sometime ago. The parts for those dual disc front ends are hard to find. Didn't see anything on Bike Bandit for them. Salvage yard maybe? Dealer?

Now that I have the Alpina wheels I'm locked into a Bonnie front hub, so it's not something I'll pursue, but it'd be a cool mod to be sure.

I'm not sure you're going to get a lot of practical additional stopping power over some of the single front brake upgrade kits out there, but it would look awsome.

strokerlmt

Thx Rod....thx everyone.......I have the forks, calipers, one triple, brake res and I just like the look...BUT having said that I like my front end now. It feels balanced and smooth so I think I'll save the bits for the Bonneville I want to build. All I really need rt now is an engine, frame and wiring harness....believe it or not I have 99% of the rest........
LMT

rodburner

Rocker
I got my spare frame from our friends at Pinwall,$300+s/h.I'm also using the LCfab wiring setup,which is about 10 wires. I'll watch for a motor..

I got my spare frame from our friends at Pinwall,$300+s/h.I'm also using the LCfab wiring setup,which is about 10 wires. I'll watch for a motor..

how do ya like that wiring setup? Did you rip all the wiring out and start from scratch? How difficult? What do you lose?

strokerlmt

Thx Steve......I have called PINWALLS but there seems to be a telephone communication problem......I just would like a live body to tell me the frame rails etc are Bonneville.....I would like to get the frame then get it "rolling" and hopefully have a few dollars this summer for an engine.....
LMT

rodburner

Rocker
Lach,I looked at the Pinwall site and all the frames listed are for America's.They didn't have any Bonnie frames pictured.
As far as the LCFab wiring diagram,it would have been easier to make a new harness than trying to use some of the existing wires and some new wires.[which I ended up doing anyway and will do over again when the new R/R arrives].Depending on how much junk you 'need" to retain,if you like it minimal like mine,then its pretty fool proof. I "lost" blinkers,sidestand,neutral and kill switches,horn,flashers,carb heaters and thermostat,all idiot lights,diodes and a 100' of wire. My lights all work,it charges,starts and everything left has their own individual fuses.
Picture310.jpg

DIRK

750cc
for the front end measure the seats of the stock bears and the dia. of the steering stem. take those to a local bearing shop and they should be able to supply the proper bears for your bike. drop it all in and go ride