Thruxton turn signal bracket on a Bonnie

em_dot

Street Tracker
Hello All!

I did an ignition relocation bracket and Joker Machine headlight bracket. I had them installed at the dealer while I had my wheels off getting the Alpina STS kit.

Long story/short I have to relocate my front turn signals using a Thruxton front turn signal bracket. After a long wait from Bike Bandit I just got it in the mail. It didn't come with any installation instructions and my Haynes Manual is of little help. Can anyone who has done this mod tell me how to install this?

Does the bracket go in front of or behind the rectifier? Torque specs on rectifier bolts? How do the wires run up to the headlight bucket (I bought the clips). And anything else anyone can think of would be really appreciated.

I've been riding without front turn signals for a couple of weeks now and arm signals are getting old.

Thanks so much,

Joel

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
bracket behind rectifier. I don't know what wire routing there is to be done, just plug them in and run them up with the wires from the rectifier. Not sure about torque specs... I would tighten them till they are not likely to fall off. Love the Joker stuff.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Couple of things I will add as I have the Thrux bracket on my T100, I went with longer bolts and then shimmed the rectifier with some rubber for added isolation. I believe I made a rubber shim from an old bicycle tube but don't remember without taking it off. The reason I did this is vibration is the enemy of premature filament breakage. Small bullets take more vibration closer to the wheel then they do up at the headlight and I found I was breaking a filament from time to time after riding on poor roads. This seems to work pretty good. The reason for long stalks on stock lights aside from separating them is to attenuate high frequency bulb filament failures.

If you have a chance, would love to see a pic of your new headlight bracket and relocated ignition switch.
Good Luck.
PS: Can also use blue loctite on the rectifier bolts. No torque spec but would say use under 100 in-lbs. Cheers.

vibration is the enemy of premature filament breakage.

If it was the "enemy of premature filament breakage" then wouldn't that mean vibration stops them from breaking? Enemies being the thing that is against something, filament breakage being the action here... yeah. Bad sentence, couldn't resist.

em_dot

Street Tracker
Thanks all. Something for Joel to do next weekend. I just took a quick look up under the headlight bucket. There sure is a bunch of wire going in there. I hate wiring!

dschief

750cc
The wiring is easy on these bikes. The only connectors you can screw up is getting the turn signals backwards, as in left for right and vise-a-versa.