SE A1 and SE Call me dumb but please tell?

Ok I am confused. What is an A1?
I googled some and got this

"For a strictly limited time only, the Bonneville, probably the most famous name in motorcycling, a legend, an icon, is being offered for an amazing $1000 saving off its normal retail price.

The latest Triumph Bonneville's represent more than 50 years of engineering excellence, a thoroughly modern interpretation of a 'proper' motorcycle that is even more accessible thanks to its low and narrow seat, clean and efficient fuel injected engine and lightweight 17 inch wheels for even sharper handling.

The higher-specification 'SE' A1 includes more comprehensive instrumentation, including a tacho, a chromed tank badge and brushed alloy engine casings. This special offer is only available on the 'SE' A1 Bonneville in Jet Black, and only whilst stocks last.

See your local Triumph dealer for details "

So what is the difference between SE and SE A1

Also what do either abreviations mean!

coopv2

Street Tracker
That stands for South East Asian 1
where triumphs are made now silly, :-(

am I in trouble now?

South East Asian 1
Now thats funny. You racist bastard :)

Jokes aside tho. A1 Is actually starting to sound like just an Aussie term.
And certainly dont fit with Base model as has both Tacho and Speedo or T100 equivalent as dont have chrome sidecovers?
May just raise this with a local dealer when next there.

Vendor
Now thats funny. You racist bastard :)

Jokes aside tho. A1 Is actually starting to sound like just an Aussie term.
And certainly dont fit with Base model as has both Tacho and Speedo or T100 equivalent as dont have chrome sidecovers?
May just raise this with a local dealer when next there.

The A1 is the standard mag wheel Bonneville.
The A1 SE is the same bike on a SE trim, tank badges, tach kit and satin engine covers.

Thanks for that 1087. So do no 17'' Mag wheel models come with engine chrome covers? And does A1 not show SE on side covers?

Last edited:

Vendor
Thanks for that 1087. So do no 17'' Mag wheel models come with engine chrome covers? And does A1 not show SE on side covers?

Here in US the 17" standard mag wheels models comes with black covers.
And the A1 SE it shows SE on the side covers.