Chrome stay go color opinions pls

D9

Vendor
How about some tasteful gold accents on the tank, covers, fenders & tail - IMO the gold needs
a bit more visual continuity - something like JMV2000 did here - really, just classic, elegant striping...

TSS-Aug09-1.jpg

I second losing the header wrap & finishing the headers black to match the cans.
The engine looks good as is, I like the chrome. The color of the seat is cool but it
looks like it's sitting on the bike strangely, as if it's got some strange curve in it, or the front is tilted or bent upward.
A black seat with a subtle two-tone (achieved with textural differences) as coop is
suggesting sounds interesting. Gaiters might be good too. I don't like your headlight
bracket - too big, busy, visually choppy... cage-like. The small, low profile LSL unit would look better...

strokerlmt

As always Seth you have the eye and can put the thoughts in a post. Wrap coming off, BLK seat on and figure out some accent pin striping to pick up the rims.....thx
LMT

with the way you have it now i would go with a scotchbrite finish like exile choppers does on their bikes. maybe even scotchbrite the headlight ring for an added effect. but thats just my style.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
First let me say your bike rocks Stroker. Love your creativity.
Hard call on changing the engine cases. Sweat makes a good point about contrasting colors.
A suggestion is photoshop it before you decide.
If you have a large true view of the side of your bike...I will help.
Let me know.
PS: what kind of headlight bracket is that?

strokerlmt

Chris.....thx....like I said over on your thread I look at things over a few days before I do anything. There have been some good point here and I am backing off some. As Sweat said there is a balance now which I have worked on for a couple of years. Before changing the engine casings I think I want to try and polish a used swingarm I have from PINWALLS and see how the chrome flows with that first. Thx for the offer re photo shop....I will work on a good profile.
LMT

strokerlmt

PS..Chris...the bucket is a stock powder coated. I made the wire opening a little larger...put new rubber on it and I am able to really stuff all the wires inside.
LMT

strokerlmt

Got the bracket from streetfighter.com I wanted a slightly longer bracket so I could direct all my wiring into the bucket more easily.
LMT

Thx for the input......are u a Bonneville rider in the service overseas ????
LMT

Yeah I love my Bonneville and I am at the moment. I'll be home in July hopefully. I'm from the Birmingham Alabama area. I got injured my last tour so they sent me back for another six months. Good luck on the bike.
:usa::rocks::usa: