Once more for the boys

For those of you that have seen this before you can probably change channels now but ever since I created this video I've been disappointed with the results after uploading it to Youtube so I did yet another edit of it and this time I've uploaded it to Vimeo. The results are a little better than my Youtube efforts and I think it's about as good as its going to get considering that the original video was shot with a little 640 x 480 video camera:-

http://vimeo.com/10926029

If you really have nothing better to do you can then compare it with my Youtube effort here:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyrIyd-BA6U

Gotta get me one of them GoPro Hi-def cameras that's for sure.

+1 on Vimeo...all my videos are uploaded from them. Tired of youtube rejecting them due to there plethora of different reasons

coopv2

Street Tracker
I kept moving my head from side to side, and yelling at you to go faster. I guess you had you ipod turned up. ...
nice work, now I feel motion sick and want a movie camera, odd feeling
thanks Bro.

I kept moving my head from side to side, and yelling at you to go faster. I guess you had you ipod turned up. ...

Well it's a Bonnie being ridden by a 56 year old not a sports bike being ridden by a nineteen year old with a testosterone imbalance so it probably appears a bit slow to some.:ride:

If you are going to make a video such as that with the intention of posting it on the net you tend to be careful about not making a cockup of it, nice and smooth with reasonable lines and few mistakes is much better than filming yourself crashing your bike and making an arse of yourself. :hurt:

I'm no Casey Stoner either so maybe you need to lower your expectations just a little. :scooter:

Having said that, I had three practice runs up & down that range before making that video on the fourth run and I had only ridden the road twice in the previous thirty years so anytime you like you are welcome to come on up to the north of the state and we'll strap the camera on your bike, give you four runs and see what your footage looks like. If you can beat 2:30 on a down run or 2:25 on an up run with a rolling start on a stock Bonnie and do it smoothly without crossing the double lines (or worse) I'll bow to your superior skills. :worthy:

No iPod either by the way - I can't multi-task. :)

FrankieD

Scooter
Well done! That's a pretty stellar stretch of road.

Allow me to draw you a detailed map of my ride to work.

My house-----------------(20 miles)----------------------------------Work

You're correct, you get to the finish without crashing.

Don't be so hard on the poor lad, we've seen the Italian garden gnome crash once or twice in past seasons as well haven't we?

It was good to see the Yank riders do so well in the first race of the season, Nicki Hayden seems to have finally got a handle on the Ducati and Ben Spies did exceptionally well considering he's a Moto GP rookie.

It's shaping up to be a good season.

great vid - the asphalt sure looks like shit but the ride looked fun! Did you drag a knee?

Yeah the road surface is pretty crappy, there's a gravel pit & crush plant several kilometers further up the road so lots of heavy trucks use the road during the week and that just wrecks the surface.

No knee dragging, I'm of the old school when it comes to riding style - bum firmly planted and knees tucked in so it's cycle parts that touchdown first not part of my body. My principal aim is to avoid bodily contact with the asphalt. :)

Well done! That's a pretty stellar stretch of road.

Allow me to draw you a detailed map of my ride to work.

My house-----------------(20 miles)----------------------------------Work

Ha Ha! at least you get to ride, my trip to work is all done on foot, bedroom-----bathroom--------kitchen-------workshop. :)

Don't be so hard on the poor lad, we've seen the Italian garden gnome crash once or twice in past seasons as well haven't we?

It was good to see the Yank riders do so well in the first race of the season, Nicki Hayden seems to have finally got a handle on the Ducati and Ben Spies did exceptionally well considering he's a Moto GP rookie.

It's shaping up to be a good season.

In true Aussie style (chopping down tall poppies) I gotta say Stoner was lucky to win ONE Championship. After Rossie retires he will have another chance. I betcha a race to crash ratio of Rossie V Stoner you'd find Stoner the undisputed champ with many more crashes.
BTW, Spies ain't no rookie, that was his 5th Moto GP outing, except for one race he is getting better results with every ride.
I agree it's gunna be a good season.

Love your video clip, that's a nice bit of our country. I'm off to Bathurst for the Triumph weekend. Wollongong to Goulburn on to Taralga, Oberon then Bathurst on Saturday morning then return Sunday night. I just may have a drink while I'm away
:)

jhillier71

Street Tracker
Yeah the road surface is pretty crappy, there's a gravel pit & crush plant several kilometers further up the road so lots of heavy trucks use the road during the week and that just wrecks the surface.

No knee dragging, I'm of the old school when it comes to riding style - bum firmly planted and knees tucked in so it's cycle parts that touchdown first not part of my body. My principal aim is to avoid bodily contact with the asphalt. :)

good plan!:up:

I'm of no school as I graduated from dirt to street. So my technique is sloppy no matter what I do!

In true Aussie style (chopping down tall poppies) I gotta say Stoner was lucky to win ONE Championship. After Rossie retires he will have another chance. I betcha a race to crash ratio of Rossie V Stoner you'd find Stoner the undisputed champ with many more crashes.
BTW, Spies ain't no rookie, that was his 5th Moto GP outing, except for one race he is getting better results with every ride.
I agree it's gunna be a good season.

Love your video clip, that's a nice bit of our country. I'm off to Bathurst for the Triumph weekend. Wollongong to Goulburn on to Taralga, Oberon then Bathurst on Saturday morning then return Sunday night. I just may have a drink while I'm away
:)

Stoner is the only one that has been able to seriously challenge Rossi, even beating him to the Championship in 2008, and the only one that has been able to master the Ducati. Yep, he's fallen off a couple of times but so has everybody else that has tried to even keep up with Rossi let alone beat him.

I suspect that if it wasn't for Rossi Stoner would be well on the way to equaling Doohan's record by now and he probably feels, up against Rossi, just like as the other riders did up against Doohan in that era.

Anyway have a safe trip to Bathurst and have a drink for me. :headbang2: