Zard vs Arrow for Scrambler??

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
Good question...

Lots of pros. I'm looking at both of them myself and I'm torn.

The Zard is sexier. But it looks like the exhaust tip is in a inconvenient place for passengers and panniers.

Scrambler-06-Zard-3ws.jpg

zard-scrambler.jpg

The Arrow is great too. I don't really have any complaints.

3035531261_6bd92c1063.jpg

2009_Triumph_Scrambler_Accessories.jpg

Tough decisions.

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
Arrow Pipe

I've read more than one person comment that the Arrow exhaust for the Scrambler is too quiet with the baffle in, and too loud without the baffle. Could someone with the Arrow identify if this video is an example of baffle in, or baffle out? Sorry, I can't tell.

VIDEO

thistle66

Scooter
I've read more than one person comment that the Arrow exhaust for the Scrambler is too quiet with the baffle in, and too loud without the baffle. Could someone with the Arrow identify if this video is an example of baffle in, or baffle out? Sorry, I can't tell.

VIDEO

sounds like mine - baffle in.

I like the sound of the pipe with teh baffle; it's a good bit louder when you open it up on the road, but mellow when puttering around or returning past the neighbours.

Just watched it again - cant see teh wee inside pipe, so mebbe its baffel out on that vid. perhaps the difference is mainly off idle or that vid sound is deceptive

Last edited:

blacktiger

Scooter
I went with Arrow for two reasons :-
1/ It's a Triumph accessory so the warranty is not affected.
2/ The Zard looks like it was knocked up in a shed compared to the finish on the Arrow.
The sound is just loud enough to be enjoyable but not so loud so as to annoy anyone. Just right IMO.

Tomintoul

Two Stroke
Over here the Zard is legal, while the factory accessory Arrow is not. You would think that they could at least go to the trouble of getting the necessary paperwork if they're going to flog you something for over a grand.

roadscum

Scooter
I've got the Arrow 2:1 and at times like a little less noise then the pipe w/o the baffle. I found the baffle to be too quit so I simply drilled a hole in the end of the baffle. Enlarge the hole until the sound suits you, this ain't rocket science.

I also have a slight studder/surging in the 3k-4k range w/o the baffle, more them likely a reversion issue caused by running an open pipe. Baffle totally eliminates that studder/surge and does not seem to efffect top end power.
My Scram is an '09, 904cc, 12.8 pistons, 813 cams, tune/boy timing, PCV w/auto tune for fuelling.

The Arrow 2:1 and the Triumph tune were by far the best bang for the $$$'s. I should have been happy and stopped the mods there...

Regards, Paul

I've got the Arrow 2:1 and at times like a little less noise then the pipe w/o the baffle. I found the baffle to be too quit so I simply drilled a hole in the end of the baffle. Enlarge the hole until the sound suits you, this ain't rocket science.

I also have a slight studder/surging in the 3k-4k range w/o the baffle, more them likely a reversion issue caused by running an open pipe. Baffle totally eliminates that studder/surge and does not seem to efffect top end power.
My Scram is an '09, 904cc, 12.8 pistons, 813 cams, tune/boy timing, PCV w/auto tune for fuelling.

The Arrow 2:1 and the Triumph tune were by far the best bang for the $$$'s. I should have been happy and stopped the mods there...

Regards, Paul

Ditto! Griz

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Thunderbike makes some exhaust for the scramblers that I think are much better visually than either of those, might be worth a look. I like the industrial zard look compared to the arrow though, just personal opinion

fergie

Scooter
As far as looks go, for me the arrow wins hands down. I don't like the look of the end cone on the zard (no offense zard owners). Thats just my personal opinion ,but what do I no I don't even own a scram. (yet)