Custom Built 2010 Indian

coopv2

Street Tracker
Well guys and galls, here for your viewing pleasure, is a selection of shots depicting the build progress of a 2010 INDIAN CHIEF. Hope you enjoy. Coop.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

coopv2

Street Tracker
here is the girder fork build.
picture.php

picture.php

here is the frame cover under the sprung seat
picture.php

picture.php

Here is the new brake mount, old one was too wide for the setup I wanted
first shot is water blasted plate from my CAD drawing.
picture.php

Here is after machining and cleanup, before its off to chrome
picture.php

coopv2

Street Tracker
here is the lay out of the bars planning. and final shots on the bike. then off to powder coating.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

coopv2

Street Tracker
Now I am at the assembly stage, Last weekend the painter dropped off the frame and under seat fuel cell.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

rodburner

Rocker
Nope,still an awesome bike. The only thing I personally don't care for,and this is just me,is that wide ass primary setup.,A 1-1/2" belt or a nice fat chain drive,maybe.
The "ROOKE" style backbone,is my favorite bit though. I love that .

D9

Vendor
I'm knocked out coop... dazzling work!.. didn't realize you built 'em from the
ground up... awesome in all aspects!

coopv2

Street Tracker
thanks Guys, About the primary drive, Customer wanted a 2" belt set up to minimize the width, and as he loves to save himself money he shopped for his own and dropped me round a setup that was still as wide as a 3" drive with a 2" belt, DUH. so stuck with that
GOT to go to work now, post todays progress tonight,

rodburner

Rocker
Al,he's from down under.They use that metric calender and clock down there,you know,10 hour days/10 month years.Its 2011 already.

coopv2

Street Tracker
Al,he's from down under.They use that metric calender and clock down there,you know,10 hour days/10 month years.Its 2011 already.
Not only that, i only work 20 hours in a week, and get paid for 50 hours. but its the 3 day weekends that shit me, just cant wait to get back to do another 20 hour week.:lol2:

Wow, that's a fantastic custom build. How did you get an '10 Indian motor so early?
I should have given you more info, the engine is 1 of 3 that came from INDIANS production line stock in 2004, purchased from JP CYCLES, Got the last 3 unassembled kits available and have hand built them here in OZ with larger cams, compression increase, ported heads, retarded ignition rotor , and thunder heart single fire ignitions. as its getting completion now in 2010, it will be promoted as a 2010 custom build.

ssjones

750cc
Live moves too fast here, that's way over the limit! I've yet to see one of these new Indians, much less the motor in something custom!

coopv2

Street Tracker
Very nice work indeed. How much time has passed from the first shot of the donk sitting on two rails until today?

more than a year, did custom work to about 20 other bikes, services, drinking beer, slacking off, repaired a damaged BMW 328ci, more beer, and I had the occasional mental block. and then I bought a Trumpy. did I mention I was lazy too. Ah well home stretch now.
Oh, and this year if its quiet enough, I intend to attempt installation of a LS1 350 chev with 6 speed T56, into the BMW 328ci, That will be a hoot.

Last edited:
Absolutely amazing work coop! LOVE the front end and the spokes, and the paint job fits the style perfectly! Cant wait to see it finished.

Now, as for this LS1 Bimmer.... :worthy: