Pod filter purchase in OZ

ozbonnie

Scooter
This question is probably more for ozzies to respond to but all input gratefully received.

I am finally doing the airbox chop. Where in Oz did you buy pods and what part number were they?

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
If you check the pod filter supplied in the kits like on british customs or triumph performance USA site you could then write the reference number for the filter down and goto the K&N filter site online to source price and availability. Hope this helps let me know how u go mate considering the same mod. Thanks Ben

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I have a pair sitting in a box at home. I can check the numbers when I get home tonight, same with the crankcase filter.

rodburner

Rocker
I just use plain old Emgo 54mm filters. The same filters that CB750's ,among others,use. About $8 USD/each. They use the same gauze type media as the K&N's do.

coopv2

Street Tracker
I searched the K&N page and only the RC-2900 has vert and horz offsets, (offset and to the right) other RC-2890 has center line off set only

sidtriumph

Scooter
This question is probably more for ozzies to respond to but all input gratefully received.

I am finally doing the airbox chop. Where in Oz did you buy pods and what part number were they?
You got airbox replacement kit?
I may have one for sale,if interested pm me.

ozbonnie

Scooter
sidtriumph it would appear you don't have enough posts for pm'ing...
Not sure if you can pm me?

I don't have a kit, I was going to chop the airbox as some others have done.

Just waiting for the rain to stop me riding.

I would like to hear about what you have..

sidtriumph

Scooter
I think its a South Bay Triumph number.
Was on my bike when i bought it.
Comes with pod filters,water proof socks,and a reinforcing bracket to help support the carbs.
I have gone back to stock air box with baffles out.

ozbonnie

Scooter
I havent heard of anyone going back from the pods. Could you explain your decision and what you feel as the difference between the two setups?

sidtriumph

Scooter
The stock airbox forms part of the rear mudguard.
When this is removed may have a problem with water getting into the carbs,hence the use of socks on the pods.
My bike sees some use in the country in all weathers so did not want to get stranded.
When Dynoed not much difference between airbox in or removed.
Now that should fire people up to respond!
With pods and no airbox you do get that lovely induction roar.
Fuses harder to get at with airbox removed,as fuse compartment is relocatedThis is not really aproblem with modern Triumphs which dont seem to have many electrical issues.