Got my first new bonneville

R

Robe338

Well Ive ive finally upgraded myself from a lurker to a bonneville rider. I picked up a 2004 bonneville today. its got about 11k on it. Only things I could find wrong with it are the seat and that I didnt buy one sooner. I rode it home (about 70miles) and the seat wasnt the most comfortable thing. I cant wait to go ride some more. Heres a pic:

DSC04540.jpg

rodburner

Rocker
Welcome. And you are off to a good start with the best combo of model/year/ color of all the Bonnies. Way to go..

yellowrubiu

Street Tracker
Congrats!

Congratulations! She is a beauty. Since you already took care of your first problem, follow this link to take care of the second problem, the seat...

R

Robe338

Mods not too much for now. The seat for sure. I think Im just gonna ride it this summer and enjoy it. In the future I think just cosmetic stuff. Right now its all stock except for the bars and off road mufflers. I might change the bars, smaller turn signals, remove the rear fender maybe some different mirrors. But who knows, one thing always leads to another and next thing you know its full custom everything and $$$ later.

As far as the seat goes I really like the look of the mas race seat and the corbin gunfighter. Anyone got any input as to if they are more or less comfortable than the stock seat. Or maybe suggestion on a seat in that style that is more comfortable. It may have a bit to do with the bars on the bike. Thier kind of a drag bar style I guess with a bit of a pull pack in the ends

retrorider

Scooter
Congratulations on your new ride. The seat was the first thing I changed on my Bonnie Black. The King and Queen seat is totally comfortable, a real long distance seat with good support, but it doesn't look that great to some. The only drawback I see is that you lose that classic look, but the gain in comfort and ability to ride all day is worth it. You could also try a Corbin.

Deano

Two Stroke
Well Ive ive finally upgraded myself from a lurker to a bonneville rider. I picked up a 2004 bonneville today. its got about 11k on it. Only things I could find wrong with it are the seat and that I didnt buy one sooner. I rode it home (about 70miles) and the seat wasnt the most comfortable thing. I cant wait to go ride some more. Heres a pic:

DSC04540.jpg

Welcome and congrat's dude. If you hit the search old threads, there are some awesome seat info from the past. Also try the scrambler thread, theres lots there. Also look at the 'airhawk' range from Australia. Not everyones cup of tea, but can solve a problem. Have fun man, these are definetly fun bikes.