Stuck in Salinas,CA

nohawk

Rocker
My truck broke down here this morning and I think I'll be here for awhile. Anyone know something cool to do or see here? Isn't Cole Fosters shop around here?

My truck broke down here this morning and I think I'll be here for awhile. Anyone know something cool to do or see here? Isn't Cole Fosters shop around here?

There's a BBQ place around that area. I can't recall the name of the place. If you look in the yellow pages, Im pretty sure you'll find it

Not far from you is Laguna Seca. Maybe they're having a track event you can watch

nohawk

Rocker
It is nice out here but I'm not making any $. I just ate some BBQ down the street at a sandwich/coffee shop and it was as good as any in Texas

AceT100

Rocker
Cole's shop was in downtown, he moved a year or so, his new shop is at his house, and thy discourage visitors...without appointments.

nohawk

Rocker
Well I'm digging it,the weather is perfect and I just ate more BBQ from a place that claims "worlds best" and damn I'm suprised they know how to do BBQ this good. I am in a kinda ghetto area but it's still nicer then a ghetto area in Dallas or Houston

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
indeed. that would be much worse. maybe you should walk around and post some pics.
you gotta find a way to stash a small bike on that truck.

nohawk

Rocker
I hung out at a small body shop last and theyhad some cool old cars there. I got a few pictures. As far as keeping a small bike with me, I've been looking at that Ruckus that Sweat's buddy has. I'm thinking that would be do-able.

the Ruckus is cool but only does about 35 mph. There's some guys that swap a 110cc Chinese scooter motor in for some more power.

nohawk

Rocker
There are alot of mods that can be done to the 50cc ruckus engine. I've been reading about some that are good for 50mph and they only weigh about 180lbs stock and I bet I could hack off 25 lbs. Weight is real important, sometimes the truck is close to 80k and the weight of the bike would affect the weight of the drive and steer axles that can only be 34k and 12k. I would also have to build some kind of mounting and ramp to load/unload it behind the sleeper out of the lightest stuff I could find. Adding around 250lbs shouldn't be a problem since there are many drivers out here that are 250lbs heavier then me

My buddy's Ruckus is pretty heavily-modified and it still feels slower than frozen molasses to me. You're lighter than I am but I think you will still be disappointed in its performance. His has aftermarket exhaust (full header-back), aftermarket carb, modified drive system (clutch/variator/etc) and a ton of other stuff. Basically he's spent almost $2000 in mods on the stupid thing and it still won't go over 45mph with him on it (he weighs 140lbs).

I'd rather have a small CB, like a 175 or a 305, etc.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
There are some small CBs that are around 210 lbs, also that Tomos moped that looks like a motorcycle that thing can be modded pretty well and only weighs around 100 lbs...

I worked on a construction job where the driver kept a cB750 on his flat bed next to an excavator.

nohawk

Rocker
Well....I guess people are BSing about the performance of the ruckus. I'll take your word for it but damn the ruckus is the only scooter I've ever liked. Oh well. A little cb would be cool. Real cool actually, I'll be on the look out. Sal that tomos thing looks like I would break it, it's gonna have a tough life on the back of the truck. What about a street legal 110cc pit bike?

D9

Vendor
nohawk... I checked out one of these awhile back... cool little water cooled 250...
the 250S is 297 pounds, the 250SF just a little more... both looked like fun. Found several new 2009's on CycleTrader for under 3K...
vs an old CB... just depends.

two-brothers-mufflers-silencers-slip-ons-06-09-kawasaki-klx250ssf-slip-on-exhaust-systems_1.jpg

Last edited: