is $750 too much?

drlapo

Hooligan
would you pay $750 for this jacket?

The Belstaff Knockhill "Trialmaster" motorcycle jacket is a reproduction of the Classic Trialmaster motorcycle jacket done in vintage Leather. This is a beautiful piece of equipment that replicates the timeless style of the Trialmaster Jacket in fine Italian Leather. If you are looking for a Vintage style leather motorcycle jacket that all your friends will be envious of this is it.
The True Heritage of these jackets allows them to be used in period productions like Brad Pitt in "Benjamin Button". Part of the Belstaff Pure Motorcycle Clothing Line. Made in Italy

$750

belstaff-knockhill-vintage-trialmaster-jacket.asp

I would pay that much for a sheep lined reproduction ww11 leather flying jacket. Anything else would be significantly less.
Just googled Belstaff Knockhill Trialmaster Vintage Leather Jacket
and got this for 500 bucks

getImage2008.asp

cant say i like it at all

Iceseven

750cc
I believe that Belstaff was bought by an upscale fashion company (Prada maybe) some time ago and their prices really reflect that.

Rocker

Two Stroke
A leather race suit would cost $1500.00, so a comfortable jacket that had protection is probably worth it. If it's a fashion thing that will blow apart first time you fall off then not so sure. FWIW I use an old Trialmaster that I have fitted armour to just because it's comfortable and has pockets. If you keep something long enough people will stop laughing at you when you wear it.

Not sure when the baby blue suit I got married in is going to be back in fashion though.:shrug:

RyanRobot99

Street Tracker
Technically too much... TRUE.

But its like buying art. If you want it because its a style you like and it will enhance your outlook on the wall, or your torso...

And you can can afford it.

then YES, it is worth it.

drlapo

Hooligan
I would pay that much for a sheep lined reproduction ww11 leather flying jacket. Anything else would be significantly less.
Just googled Belstaff Knockhill Trialmaster Vintage Leather Jacket
and got this for 500 bucks

getImage2008.asp

cant say i like it at all

what website has it for $500?

koifarm

Hooligan
I guess if you were a Cafe' poseur it would be perfect for Saturday night trips to the Ace Cafe.
I'm not into fancy high priced duds anyway so it's a moot point with me.

drlapo

Hooligan
I've worn a Barbour International for 30+ years, the waxed cotton one with a fuzzy liner
I've been warm and dry for 30+ years including the sport ride (under water) at Bennington last year
not poser wear in my opinion
OH CRAP it's been 40 years

I've worn a Barbour International for 30+ years, the waxed cotton one with a fuzzy liner
I've been warm and dry for 30+ years including the sport ride (under water) at Bennington last year
not poser wear in my opinion
OH CRAP it's been 40 years

Anything that'll last 40 years I feel is well worth $750.00. That breaks down to about $18.75/year or $1.56/month. :D

Sure you can find other coats cheaper, but are they built well enough to withstand 40 years wear-n-tear? Shoot, you can spend that on a helmet and they have a much shorter shelf life.

Last edited:

hankmarx

750cc
Some people make 750$ a day, and could buy that jacket on a whim,
others could save for months before comeing up with the cash.
Only you know about you. If you NEED it, go for it.
Just fun tickets.