Drop Dead Gorgeous Day!

Kirkus51

Hooligan
So I'm hitting the ZZZs after getting to bed at 05 dark thirty in the morning. I hear the answering machine spinningup and it's my cuz with the Victory. He asked if I wanted to go for a ride, I roll over, grab the phone and tell him I',m in. So we hook up in the afternoon and it's eighty freakin degrees outside. Head out and hit the road by Rocky Flats. At the last light for about five miles he leans over and sez "I hope you can keep up", the light turns green and he takes off. I gotta tell tell you I had a hard time keeping him in sight. That Victory of his shits and gets. He's got it chipped to match the pipes and it goes in a straight line like a bat outta hell. his VIctory ain't a canyon carver, but it do run strong.

Anyway at a biker bar (oddly pretty nice) in Golden we discuss his career options and it was all in all a very nice day. 2 Triumphs, mine and a speedmaster, one Victory and about a hundred Harleys. Guess which bike got the looks.

A nice ride home, a nice steak dinner, then I went to the ATM with the top down on my Cabrio, John Cougar's Valley of the Thundering Heart blasting away. All in all a very satisfying day.:cheer:

Attachments

• P1010119.jpg
    P1010119.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010120.jpg
    P1010120.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

T-boy

Rocker
Life's a ball, ain't it? Weather has been great in Mich last couple of weeks. Tomorrow I'll start using the Bonnie to commute to work as morning temps should be in the 40's.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
The weather has been tits the past week down here just about, was a damn fine weekend for riding. Yea those victorys can move, but you coulda out cornered him without a doubt.

Nick Morey

Rocker
Sounds like a great day! We're suppose to get a couple warm sunny days up here (Fri. & Sat.), time to take her out & clean out the cobwebs. I can't wait! :headbang2:

koifarm

Hooligan
I think summer is working it's way north. Actually one of the key indicators is the Ruby Throated Hummingbirds who migrate from Central America. When we see them here in Saint Augustine, we know we can plant tomatoes safely since there will be no more frosts. And I just saw the first ones two days ago.
It is now absolutely prime weather for bike riding and oak and pine pollen in the air. My bike has a fine yellow powder all over it, once it's past I'll wash her off for the summer.
I was out this morning riding, took the rig over to my canvas lady and made a pattern for the tonneau cover for the sidecar. It will be ready next week.
So, all you Northerners, take heart, the summer is on the way with a nice spring season. Warm winds are headed your way!!

KingBear

Hooligan
The next few days around here are going to be gorgeous, high 70s to low 80s, mostly sunny, and the wife and daughter are out of town visiting the college, so I'm packing a bag and hitting the road for the first time since I bought my bike. All my rides so have been local, short half-days at the most, but now I'm taking a loop around MD, PA, WV, and VA for three days and two nights. I'll take my lazy time and enjoy myself, taking in the rural scenery and the weather and not worrying about racking up the miles, which will only total about 600.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
The next few days around here are going to be gorgeous, high 70s to low 80s, mostly sunny, and the wife and daughter are out of town visiting the college, so I'm packing a bag and hitting the road for the first time since I bought my bike. All my rides so have been local, short half-days at the most, but now I'm taking a loop around MD, PA, WV, and VA for three days and two nights. I'll take my lazy time and enjoy myself, taking in the rural scenery and the weather and not worrying about racking up the miles, which will only total about 600.

f*ckin A, wish i could do an overnight as it looks like we are getting the same weather. I am doing the family Easter dinner thing so at least I will get to wash my bike with temps in the 80s (25 Celcius) on Friday.

koifarm

Hooligan
Gotta get it while the gettin's good King Bear....sounds like a neat trip, hope you'll take some pics so we can share.....

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
great send it here. those Vics run out of steam eventually if you go deep in the revs. My buddy with the vic pulls that crap at a red light once in a while. Make him pay in the turns. Revenge is coming out of a turn in 3rd passing him while waving bye bye over the tank.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I was a bit bumfuzzled when we were right at the intersection that would head up Lookout Mountain (a very twisty road) and he turns right. Well, it was his ride so to speak, but I really wanted to get on a twisty. Shame on me.