I kinda feel bad..

TC_Dick

TT Racer
A guy I know is getting a divorce and wanted to sell his motorcycle.. It's a mid-80's 700cc honda magna. They are going for $1200+ on craigslist, and even after I told him that he still only wanted $200 for it.. I couldn't pass it up.

A friend and I are going to clean it up, fix a few odds and ends, and sell it for a pretty hefty profit..

I told the guy he could get a lot more for it, so I feel like I did my due.. but I still kinda feel like I'm ripping him off.

strokerlmt

So why not "do a good"......fix the bike up.....sell it for a good profit....take the sales price less cost of bike, 200, + your costs and give him a surprise cut...maybe 3 ways even....do it in cash so the ex doesn't see it.....
LMT

koifarm

Hooligan
The nice thing to do

So why not "do a good"......fix the bike up.....sell it for a good profit....take the sales price less cost of bike, 200, + your costs and give him a surprise cut...maybe 3 ways even....do it in cash so the ex doesn't see it.....
LMT

+1 on that one.....he's not thinking straight right now and under a lot of pressure....

whyme

TT Racer
I did that with a couple of cars that friends were going to trade in...I took them, cleaned them up and gave them a cut of the profit. I still made out well for a days work of basically detailing and fixing a few odds and ends.

And I do remember selling a Nissan with a glowing rear rotor...forgot to fix that part....oopps

strokerlmt

You know Jeff...you will make a lady very happy some day because you have a heart of gold.....we can see straight thru your bravado......
LMT