Shorter Throw Throttle Tube

Folks,

Does anyone know if there's anyone that makes or knows of a bike/part # for a throttle tube with a much shorter throw?

The OEM throw is a 1/4 turn..which is A LOT!!!! With my Daytona 675, it was found out that if you put a 1050 throttle tube, it shortens the throw quite a bit to a little bit more than 1/8 a turn

Even better, if anyone on here has found a throttle tube from a different bike that will make the throw on our Bonnies much less than 1/4?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Folks,

Does anyone know if there's anyone that makes or knows of a bike/part # for a throttle tube with a much shorter throw?

The OEM throw is a 1/4 turn..which is A LOT!!!! With my Daytona 675, it was found out that if you put a 1050 throttle tube, it shortens the throw quite a bit to a little bit more than 1/8 a turn

Even better, if anyone on here has found a throttle tube from a different bike that will make the throw on our Bonnies much less than 1/4?

You know I'm surprised no one, including myself, have asked about this. Honestly why wouldn't another triumpg with 1 inch bars fit the bonnies? Or 7/8th bars for a thrux. I'm not familiar with taking this part of the bike apart so someone else will have to chime in here but

:thread:

If nobody knows, I know a fabricator that can easily make one. (The same fabricator that created my Bonneville cam anti-lash gear pins for when I need to do a valve clearance adjustment.)

However I'd much prefer to have one that is already made for another bike. That way if I go down and need a new throttle tube, I could just go to the parts counter instead of having to come back to him to make one.

cynr1023

TT Racer
Time to sound like an idjit, throw? amount of turn in the throttle grip to go from closed to full open?

dschief

750cc
On the single cable tube on my Yamaha R5, I built up the cable groove with epoxy. Just fill it a little at a time until you build up a thick enough layer to increase the "cam" lobe the cable rides on. It's a subtle change, but it does open the throttle plates sooner in the roll of the throttle.

northcountry

Two Stroke
g2

I've used the g2, but think it's a 1/4 turn. Can adjust fast or slower though by changing cams. Might be able to adjust to get 1/8. Check site and call ,"g2ergo.com".