kuryakyn 4710

ozbonnie

Scooter
Does anyone have these installed or know if they will plug straight in to the bonnie loom?

I am trying to create the 'nightster' rear end look.

I've got some Kuryakyn's going in on Wed. They might be the same? I'm not able to find the models you posted exactly. Picture??

Nick Morey

Rocker
4710-1.jpg

Run-Turn-Brake Controller

[SIZE=+0]A marvel of electronic wizardry, this module makes the single filament or single circuit turn signals on the rear of your bike function as running lights, turn signals, & brake lights. The module wires in beneath your seat & is intended for use with L.E.D. or Halogen Silver Bullets or other custom turn signals you have installed on your bike. The unit will work fine with stock turn signals as well, but you will have to use red lenses.(!?!?)[/SIZE]

Last edited:

rodburner

Rocker
It works great,but it's not plug and play.You will have to cut and splice the wires for the Bonnie's lights,down stream from the plug under the seat.Takes about 15 minutes.Make sure to use the plug in 3 flash module too. That keeps the cagers honest...
Dadsbikepics960.jpg

ozbonnie

Scooter
It works great,but it's not plug and play.You will have to cut and splice the wires for the Bonnie's lights,down stream from the plug under the seat.Takes about 15 minutes.Make sure to use the plug in 3 flash module too. That keeps the cagers honest...
Dadsbikepics960.jpg

Hard to be unique with you guys around...that is exactly what I want to achieve. :cheers:

Don't suppose you took pics during the installation?

rodburner

Rocker
Oz,its very simple. The wires on the 4710 are clearly labeled on their input side and you will only use 2 wires on the output side.If you have the shop manual,the Triumph wire functions are plainly marked.
blue/brake
red/tail
black /ground
orange and brown are turns,but I don't remember which is which,just touch them to the 4710's brown and purple to see which one blinks.

sanjuro

Two Stroke
2 quick questions...would you still need to replace the relay to use LED signals? And would this be able to operate a brake light and the turn signals as brake lights at the same time? I know it's overkill, but I always seem to find drivers when I'm riding in town that love to tailgate me and not notice when I slow down.

rodburner

Rocker
2 quick questions...would you still need to replace the relay to use LED signals? And would this be able to operate a brake light and the turn signals as brake lights at the same time? I know it's overkill, but I always seem to find drivers when I'm riding in town that love to tailgate me and not notice when I slow down.

Ask the Dude if orange blinkers are kosher to use as brake lights,if you're running stock lights.If all your rear lights are red,you should be able to wake a tailgater.

sanjuro

Two Stroke
I've got a brake light too, aftermarket LED. Just considering options like converting my bullet signals to LED and making them running/brake lights for a little overkill to alert the cagers. As far as making the signals red, that's easy...either get red LEDs which are easy to find, or use red dye to smoke my clear lenses red. From the sounds of it this would be able to achieve what I want, so I may give it a try soon. Thanks

I just got my LED silver bullets. Seems pretty straight forward but the load equalizer is giving me a little hangup.

I'm not sure where to put that in the sequence. I imagine after the stock signal harness?

rodburner

Rocker
4 LEDs or only 2? If you only changed 2 lights,you probably won't need the equalizer,as the other 2 "regular" bulbs will cause the flasher to see the proper resistance.If you did all 4 lights,then yes,I think after the plug will work ok.

Only the two rears for now, but I'll have 4 soon after. Got any pics of yours Rod?? I'd hate for my bike to catch on fire at this stage in the game...

rodburner

Rocker
Each mounting bracket is a simple 1/8"X 1"X4" piece of steel flat stock,with a hole at each end.One for the light and one for a bolt that screws into the back of the upper shock mounts.