Lower bars?

GuyM

Street Tracker
Has anyone fitted some lower, more aggressive bars to their Scrambler?

What worked? Suggestions? I rather like Sweatmachine's idea about lower bars helping with the wind - found it to be true on an old bike of mine. Might like to try some lower bars on the Scram too...

Who makes 'em? How low can I go?

Thanks, Guy

LRivers

moped
Low Bars

I tried some of the BellaCorse low rise Scrambler bars. They are much better for riding on the road. I took them off because I preferred the stock ones for dirt riding. I'd like to sell them for cheap if you're interested. PM me...

Nick Morey

Rocker
...They are much better for riding on the road. I took them off because I preferred the stock ones for dirt riding...

That's the crux of the situation. Lower bars, better in the wind. Higher bars, better in the dirt. With dual purpose bikes, oftentimes, there's a tradeoff (tires, sprockets, etc.). It's a matter of what you do most and are willing to do with or without.

Deano

Two Stroke
Hey Guy M. What I did was to lower the stock bars. It hasnt really done much for the wind, but I really like the position for me. Feels much more relaxed and a lot more like a classic british bike. I was really suprised how just lowering them, gave the bike a whole different attitude. Good thing is, when needed, just put them back up. I also got the small mirror extensions that Norman Hyde sell to get the better vision. Really happy with my setup.

I made some handle bars and rode them for a while. They were wide and low, but now Im sporting some super sport bars. They are pretty much crotch rocket handle bars, sporty look and feel really good too.

Hiltz

Scooter
Stock bars are better off road, could even be higher.

Also, on a long freeway drone I will briefly stand on the pegs to stretch and get the kinks out. Don't think I would do that at 75mph with lower bars.