Can I hang out here with you guys?

Grimble1

Scooter
Hello all!
I was "grimble" on rat.net, but due to my own email confusion I am stuck with "Grimble1" here. On rat.net I mostly creeped but after a couple days of creeping here I feel comfortable enough to introduce myself.

I was born on a 1971 Triumph Trailblazer at 12 years old and ever since have longed for a Bonneville. 18 years and a couple hondas later I fulfilled my long delayed desire. Last May I bought myself a 2003 Triumph Bonneville T-100 with 2500 KMs.

It is a pleasure to be here and join the handful of Canucks already here.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Hey Grimble,

Where abouts are ya? I am stuck here in Hamilton with a '71 T25SS and a T25T...check for pics under the "project" section

Welcome aboard!

Bonafide

NBR founder
This is where all the cool kids hang out. ;)

Notice you dont see the likes of Haggis and Prop round here? :D

Grimble1

Scooter
Thanks for all the welcomes fellas.
Hamr, I am living in Guelph right now, but I actually bought my bike from a fellow towards your neck of the woods, in Burlington.
I am tempted to ask you the VIN numbers on your '71 T25SS. It is the skeptical jerk in me that makes me alienate my new friends right away. My '71 T25SS was stolen many, many years ago and I have always had this hope that I would find it somewhere. Still holding onto the ownership too. Not that the bike was in good shape. I bashed the shit out of it for 4 or 5 years through the woods and the fields.
But I digress, I am tempted, but I won't ask. And if I had a garage I would possibly think about taking it off your hands at a fair price. But no garage and hardly a place to park my Vera Lynn.
Do you ever get out the The Forks of the Credit out by Erin here? There are always a ton of bikes out there on nice weekends. Its a fun ride with a great view.

KingBear

Hooligan
Uh, yeah.

Hey Grimble, I'd like to say welcome but damn...
... I am tempted to ask you the VIN numbers on your '71 T25SS. It is the skeptical jerk in me that makes me alienate my new friends right away. My '71 T25SS was stolen many, many years ago and I have always had this hope that I would find it somewhere...
Dude, really!

Grimble1

Scooter
No, not really.
There is not way that anyone here would have the bike..
I just wanted to tell the story and really just want to see another one of those bikes in person again.
Some wounds just done every heal.

Sorry Hamr for even the suggestion.
And sorry to everyone else for the suggestion as well.

strokerlmt

Welcome Grimble1......I still have family in TO. Orginally from MTL but that was a longgggggg time ago. D9....Grim.....I also have a 03 T-100...was a blue but that was a longgggg time ago.....
Welcome
LMT

Grimble1

Scooter
Thanks
I am not use to communicating socially through writing. At work it is all business and information, so please bare with me and keep me in line like KingBear.
I hope to make a better impression in this forum moving forward.
Again sorry Hamr.

(most awkward introduction ever)

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Umm,
Yeah, sorry Grim, got your, I mean, my SS straight and legal. I have been up to the forks. Hit and miss as far as what you'll see. One day, nothin but HD cruiser types, then it was all SS the next weekend. The best is when all the vintage guys show up from that resturant down the road aways. A bunch of us are heading to the F1 races in Montreal in June, and the bikes are going to try and hit some of these roads on the way back.. http://shanekingsley.com/Two Wheeling/ontario_bikeroads.jpg which should be a blast. You should check out the thread "Triumph Owners Unite" on GTAMOTORCYCLE.com...Motley from here, who is also out your way is on the T.O. site as well.

Oh, and here ya go...

Attachments

• Picture 335.jpg
    Picture 335.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 340.jpg
    Picture 340.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 341.jpg
    Picture 341.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Picture 336.jpg
    Picture 336.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0

Grimble1

Scooter
Those are definetly not my bikes.
Those are beautiful bikes.
And that map is incredible. I am going to print it an put it on my wall.

I havent been on the GTAMOTORCYCLE site since last spring when I was doing research on a couple bikes I was looking at buying. Checking it out again sounds like a great idea though.

Thanks.

DIRK

750cc
hey grimble1; to bad you can only sit on your bike and make noises until the snow melts. but it's better than no bike! welcome

Grimble1

Scooter
Thanks for the welcome Dirk.
It is depressingly snowy and cold here.
And I miss my Vera Lynn cause she is stored "off-site".
But it is nice to think of riding in the spring. As soon as the bulk of the salt is washed off the roads.