Stupid brake question

strokerlmt

Stupid brake question....
The bike is on the lift......I'm spinning the front wheel.....there is a slight friction from the brake pads.....NORMAL ?????
The brake calipers work just fine ......
Thx is advance......
LMT

strokerlmt

Thx Rodburner........really like your staright ansa to a stupid question.....
Sweat....bug offffffffffffffffffffffff
LMT

Deano

Two Stroke
really glad to hear that, as I was spinning my back wheel and got the same slight rubbing going on, was wondering.
Only thing is, the rubbing isn't exactly consistent as the wheel goes round. Is that normal???????

Sean_D

Scooter
really glad to hear that, as I was spinning my back wheel and got the same slight rubbing going on, was wondering.
Only thing is, the rubbing isn't exactly consistent as the wheel goes round. Is that normal???????

I asked that question of the tech on my last visit to the dealership and he assured me that it was. From his explanation the caliper floats on the rear brake and the front rotors float. If I understood the explanation correctly the float is by design to deal with the issues of expansion and contraction as the brake material heats and cools. Thats from my memory and may not be 100% right, but you can verify it with your dealership.

Sean_D

Scooter
Mine too. I can hear it when I roll it too

Exactly! That was what prompted me to ask at the dealer. He says you mean the (and then did an almost perfect imitation) sound and went on to explain that it was normal and why.

Last edited: