New member intro

coopv2

Street Tracker
Hi there from Oz,
just surfing the net and found this site, one of the first posts i viewed was some members havin a free bitch about triumphRatnet. as I had only been checking out that site an hour ago, and thought to myself 'this ratnet sucks' I continued my search for some where to hang out and freely voice my broad minded opinion. AND here I am,
I have just made my first British bike purchase, a 2007 bonnie. with 4500klm, waiting for the transporter to bring it up to the Gold Coast from Newcastle.
looking forward to posting pics of the bike as it is transformed.
I own a custom motorcycle shop and decided it was time to play with a trumpy. so i will be looking forward to gathering ideas and opinions from you all.
Lets hope you all are not like the E46BMW site where members get upset if you dont fit BBS wheels to your car..:chair:

Craigore

TT Racer
welcome! I think you'll enjoy your new brit bike

you come off of mostly american bikes? I like that bobber in your avatar picture.

coopv2

Street Tracker
:welcome:

and we dont care what wheels you use ... ;)

Welcome. One word to inspire you on your way with the Bonnie - "bobber" :)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Welcome from Wollongong.
Please, no "bobber".
Different strokes for different blokes.

Well Hope you like these wheels then,
picture.php

and yes its a Bobber project, 16" front and rear wheels, wide glide conversion front fork, maybe replacement rear fender, HD fatbob front fender, HD deluxe bars, flat black paint, 5.3/4 headlight. 12" rear shocks, shortened front end, Yes some will hate it, yes it will handle like a harley not a trumpy, but its mine and I will at least give you something to talk about.

coopv2

Street Tracker
Oh... and thanks to all who added their welcome greetings.
Coop.
Speed demon Cycles.
Australia.

Welcome from Sydney. Love the wheels but not into bobbing personally. Tho love seeing others bikes, particularly if it has a lady modelling it :boob:

Last edited:

coopv2

Street Tracker
welcome! I think you'll enjoy your new brit bike

you come off of mostly american bikes? I like that bobber in your avatar picture.

Its a Custom built INDIAN, 100 cid, 2004 motor from the last of the Indian production line before they were refused finance to continue next years (2004-05) models. and went into liquidation.
Had about 20 various jap bikes over the years, 2 ducati Monsters, 9 harleys, some built from scratch, some modified factory bikes.
I have lost count of how many bikes I have modified over the last 30 years .
I Built the Indian up and before it was finished, I had an offer too good to refuse. So I sold it.
But I do have another PP100 Indian motor I am keeping for a special build. plus 4 other Harley engines destined for classic, custom, and racer creations.
The motivation to buy a Bonnie was its lower cost price and something different to mess around with. usually I build a bike for myself and someone always comes along wanting to take it away in exchange for cash, hard to refuse sometimes.

coopv2

Street Tracker
Welcome from Sydney. Love the wheels but not into bobbing personally. Tho love seeing others bikes, particularly if it has a lady modelling it :boob:

Will try to accommodate your request for busty women pics in future. think i visited your site, were you looking to swap a thruxton seat for a stock bonnie one?

coopv2

Street Tracker
probably heading off topic now, but heres some more pics of the injun, for them that care.

Attachments

• Resize of 57 3100 018.jpg
    Resize of 57 3100 018.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 0
  • Resize of 57 3100 012.jpg
    Resize of 57 3100 012.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Resize of 57 3100 005.jpg
    Resize of 57 3100 005.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Resize of 57 3100 006.jpg
    Resize of 57 3100 006.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 0

coopv2

Street Tracker
welcome.....you will like this site and the people. Look forward to seeing what you do to your Bonneville.
LMT
Thanks
just checked out your bike, NICE WORK, love all you have done to it. did you recut the thruxton seat even lower than stock? any port work done on the engine upgrade? Power figures? I am keen to learn more. if you have the time to share, or send a link.
Coop

think i visited your site, were you looking to swap a thruxton seat for a stock bonnie one?
Yer was me and I have. I got an Anniversary seat as a swap, which am pretty chuffed with as has the gold Triumph logo on back. Waiting for it to arrive.

Welcome again Coop and I'm looking forward to seeing the build up and finished product. I've seen a few cool looking Meridian bobbers but not too many well executed Hinckleys. Cool wheels BTW!

Cheers,

Pikey.

KingBear

Hooligan
With all those HD parts you might find youself with an occasional urge to wear an eye patch. Bloody pirates!