This made me laugh ...

Bonafide

NBR founder
Trat sent me an email (cause we're fishing buddies now) titled "January Newsletter" ... and it completely reminded me one of the reasons I created this site. A dedicated Triumph motorcycle website, sponsored by Harley Davidson? Corporate-fucking-sell-outs ...

attachment.php

Attachments

• triumphrat-01142010.jpg
    triumphrat-01142010.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 0

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I got one too and it felt kind of Oxymoronish. Amazing what people will tell their sites to do and not really think about it. Probably some gal just doing what she was told to do.

DIRK

750cc
well with the rocket and t bird, speedmasters kicking their ass maybe they are hoping some blatant idiot will think that they are made by harley????

I got that email yesterday too and was about to post up on here. Totally ironic how yesterday I was talking $#!t about them and then they send out a newsletter....out of all things...sponsored by Harley Davidson.

I wouldn't be surprised if HD does the same thing to RAT as they did to Buell....and I was liking the new Buell 1125...too bad I didn't pick one up for dirt cheap before they were all gone.

cafenoir900

VENDOR
...funny, pathetic.... I did actually met someone, somewhere who really thought that a Triumph was a kind of Harley... ouch!

KingBear

Hooligan
And to put the icing on the irony cake, one of the threads referenced in the email blast was for a sponsor of THIS SITE, Hedge the 8-ball king!

Nick Morey

Rocker
:wtf: Makes me wonder who was responsible for that and, if John Bloor and the real Triumph honchos knew of this and if so did they greenlight it? Definite sell out, it belittles Triumph and the wider scope of products they provide.:screwy:

I'm not a Harley basher (to each their own) but, That's kinda like Ford sponsoring Chevy or vice versa. Why cut off your nose to spite your face? I wonder if Triumph is sponsoring a Harley forum? :d

Last edited:
Harley wants us to trade in our Triumphs for HDs. That's what it says in the "newsletter": "competitive trade-in", or something like that.

The header is funny.