Baisc front fender questions

I got the craftsman one. The guy at Sears said the next one up was much better, (its silver) but I wasn't convinced, and the warranty was the same. Its been great, for a hundred bucks you cant go wrong.

+1. I didn't see spending the extra $79 bucks. This one has been flawless. I dig the ability to use tie-downs to anchor the bike and the ability to wheel it around the garage if needed.

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Yepper.

+1. I didn't see spending the extra $79 bucks. This one has been flawless. I dig the ability to use tie-downs to anchor the bike and the ability to wheel it around the garage if needed.

+10 on the craftsman. In my case I have to remove the sidecar to put it on the stand but if it's a major situation not a problem. Hack comes off with 4 bolts.

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
When I installed my ped slicer, I took the front fender off no prob. No need to do anything with the front wheel. And no you don't need a centerstand to do this.

BTW, I also have a stand similar to the craftsman pictured above, and it really is quite useful for maintanance. You just have to be a little careful where it's positioned when you lift it. If I remember correctly, to get it balanced where I was comfortable with it, the rear rubber skid sits under the tangs where the centerstand would bolt if I had one.

Bullitt

Two Stroke
Craigore, I was the one who started the thread. I finally got around to taking my front fender off and love it. Here is a recent pic I took (sorry it's so big):

front-end.jpg

What do you think?

Bullitt

Two Stroke
I keep going to the garage to sneak another peak at my bike. I don't know why, but she seems completely different without the front fender. I love being able to see the whole front wheel...

rodburner

Rocker
I like my fender gone too.Yours looks awesome with the fork boots on,as I usually can't stand them. And don't worry about the loss of the brace,the forks will react to bumps a tiny bit better when they aren't bound together..
pre-mono shock pic...
Picture170.jpg

Bullitt

Two Stroke
Thanks Rodburner. I dig your bike a lot too and have been thinking about stripping the paint on my tank. Are you happy with your results? I imagine you did it yourself. If so, what did you use to sand and clear coat??

Senor Siesta

Scooter
Fork Brace w/ Gaiters?

Bullitt, nice bike! I am going to pull my fender after seeing your bike...looks damn nice. Just curious if you were thinking about putting a fork brace on your bike? I believe you have the OEM gaiters, right? I guess this question goes out to everyone; aplogies for the slight highjacking.

Bullitt

Two Stroke
Bullitt, nice bike! I am going to pull my fender after seeing your bike...looks damn nice. Just curious if you were thinking about putting a fork brace on your bike? I believe you have the OEM gaiters, right? I guess this question goes out to everyone; aplogies for the slight highjacking.

I love the bike sans front fender and don't plan to ever go back. I have not personally felt any real difference with the fender removed at all. If I was taking it to the track or something, maybe a brace would be necessary. For ripping around town, I would say it's not.

Bullitt

Two Stroke
Thanks Chris. I love shooting photos and enjoy updating my little blog. It's strictly for fun at this point but I do appreciate the feedback. I don't get many comments on the blog so it's hard to gauge if anyone besides myself enjoys reading it.