How do you remove the headlight ears

I'm getting the LSL headlight bracket, new signals, and an ignition relocate for the Bonneville. How do you remove the headlight ears?

rodburner

Rocker
Take off the front wheel and fender,then loosen the fork legs,and slide them out of the triple trees,one at a time,until there is enough room to remove the ears,then put on your new ones and put it all back together.

HayMike

Scooter
Support the bike, unbolt the gauges, loosen the pinch bolts on the fork tubes, remove the center nut, lift the tree and the handlebars as a unit.
Mike

Okay. I'm sure it'll be pretty cut and dry once I'm out there looking at it. Sitting here it's tough to visualize how the whole assembly is constructed.

Thanks again!

MES

750cc
I'de use sweat's method. either one will work though.
oh god....
It's not hard at all.
Take your time, think about what your doing and relax

since you'll have the forks almost off anyway, depending on your milage/age of bike, You may want to take the time and change your fork oil. also very easy.

agian,depending on milage, you should at least have a look see at the speedo housing to check the grease. wouldn't hurt to clean it and repack it.

Rocker

Two Stroke
If you pull one fork leg, do what you have to do and then re-install it before you take the other one off, then you can pretty much put it back in the same place without measuring the amount of fork leg above the top triple tree,or you could just measure before you start but whichever will mean your handling will be the same when it's all back together, if you see what I mean.

Is there a prize for the longest sentence? Written that is:lame: