Bonneville light bucket

strokerlmt

So I picked up a Scrambler light for fun. Put it on and really liked the way you can get all the wiring inside easily. BUT I am not impressed with the Tri quality on the light. It is for a scrambler isn't it ????????? The plastic bucket cannot handle any bolt pressure at all to tighten it in position without waroing the plastic bucket. I had to back off on the bracket bolts so the housing woul remain true.....then at 75mph the wind blows the bucket up angle.
So back to the metal bucket. Did a D-9 with the blue tape then I have a plastic stensil with all kinds of shapes and angles. Markered in an eg shape to allow easier wiring access and then dremeled away. 5 minutes and a sanding wheel and I have a larger wiring hole in the bucket. Then I took some soft rubber tubing, cut it and rubber cemented to inside of bucket. I should now be able to get all the wiring in and have my metal bucket back.
Anyone need a SCRAMBLER LIGHT ?????
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_5037.jpg
    IMG_5037.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5040.jpg
    IMG_5040.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 0

whyme

TT Racer
yeah...I have one bolt (that holds the headlight rock grill) that does not bite. I'd say it needs a nut on the inside. Seems kind of cheesy to me too.