Exhaust Confusion ! Loudness ? Which To Buy

Beaman

Two Stroke
Another vote for E-Bay Epcos - starting to get a little gold where they enter the pipe, but I am probably going to BBQ paint them anyway. The sound is great - not sewing machine but not squid in doo-rag loud either.

TheBBR

Scooter
You will most likely get all sorts of opinions; however, I would probably say that stock = 1, TOR's = 7, and Predators = 10. I have the TOR's and they are loud and agressive enough without attracting attention. I have heard the Predators and like them a lot but they are loud.

I would have to disagree. I have preds and they are a 7 or 8 compared to a buddy's D&D's and another's TT's. I have also heard that the Bubs are louder than my preds.

I have never had a problem with the coppers and I get on it a bit carelessly sometimes.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
No one has mentioned the Arrow systems (2-1 or 2-2). What are the sentiments around these? They are up there in cost with Staintune

drlapo

Hooligan
No one has mentioned the Arrow systems (2-1 or 2-2). What are the sentiments around these? They are up there in cost with Staintune

the Arrow 2-2 is super sweet
I've only heard it on a Bonneville at Bennington but it sounded just right
that would be my #1 choice wiht the EPCOs #2

Well I had the Tors untill yesterday and liked them but always wanted the Hydes Togas and am not disapointed, now they are fitted. To me the sound of the Hydes is very very similar to the Staintunes and the arrows. Two friends I ride with have these so I have heard them both. But my choice is most def the Norman Hydes just because of the style being similar to the TORS. I am actually looking forward to the opportunity of hearing my Hydes next to the arrows and the Staintunes for a true comparison.

07black&red

Two Stroke
UP the Irons indeed, jhillier71!!!! You catch the Somewhere Back in Time tour last year? Fckng awesome!! I've got the Emgo slipons. Less than $200!! When you look through the "muffler" prior to install, you can see lots of daylight. Basically one rather large holed screen between the header and the atmosphere. LOUD, yes. But not when compared to the thousands of Harleys running around here with demolition derby straight pipes....!

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Well I had the Tors untill yesterday and liked them but always wanted the Hydes Togas and am not disapointed, now they are fitted. To me the sound of the Hydes is very very similar to the Staintunes and the arrows. Two friends I ride with have these so I have heard them both. But my choice is most def the Norman Hydes just because of the style being similar to the TORS. I am actually looking forward to the opportunity of hearing my Hydes next to the arrows and the Staintunes for a true comparison.

I will preface and say I am still a Tors guy but have been around the other pipes. To me the Togas do NOT sound like the Staintunes reverse cones.
Lumping reverse cones and peashooter pipes as too separate families...each have a very distinct tonal quality. Peashooters have more of a fartish note and reverse cones sound more rumbley for lack of a better word. I prefer the reverse cone sound actually even though I ride Tors which I believe have the best tone for peashooters. To me the preds sound wonderful but they are simply too f-ing loud or I would own them. Staintunes sound to me like baby pred's and perfect. I love the volume and the tone. Togas and Sleepers are DEEP and to me too loud.
I prefer both the tonal quality and noise level of Tors to either that of Togas or Sleepers. Tors to me have the best tone and are the least fartish of all the peashooters. I do admit they are just a hint too quiet though. Many like Togas and Sleepers because they are louder than Tors and I certainly understand that even though not my cup of tea.

I still would like to hear the dominator tourings. They may sound just like Staintunes because like the Preds they are reverse cone which sound fantastic, but the tourings may hit the sweetspot like the Staintunes for loudness.

Last edited:

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I will preface and say I am still a Tors guy but have been around the other pipes. To me the Togas do NOT sound like the Staintunes reverse cones.
Lumping reverse cones and peashooter pipes as too separate families...each have a very distinct tonal quality. Peashooters have more of a fartish note and reverse cones sound more rumbley for lack of a better word. I prefer the reverse cone sound actually even though I ride Tors which I believe have the best tone for peashooters. To me the preds sound wonderful but they are simply too f-ing loud or I would own them. Staintunes sound to me like baby pred's and perfect. I love the volume and the tone. Togas and Sleepers are DEEP and to me too loud.
I prefer both the tonal quality and noise level of Tors to either that of Togas or Sleepers. Tors to me have the best tone and are the least fartish of all the peashooters. I do admit they are just a hint too quiet though. Many like Togas and Sleepers because they are louder than Tors and I certainly understand that even though not my cup of tea.

I still would like to hear the dominator tourings. They may sound just like Staintunes because like the Preds they are reverse cone which sound fantastic, but the tourings may hit the sweetspot like the Staintunes for loudness.

The TOR's get louder with time, as the packing gets blown out.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
The TOR's get louder with time, as the packing gets blown out.
I have about 2500 miles on my new EFI bike with them. I can't tell if they have opened up a bit but perhaps have in hindsight. I hope they do though. I have to admit, I was pretty shocked if not slightly dissappointed when I first bolted them on and started the bike. I thought, man these are quiet for so called off road pipes. Burn packing buuuurn. :)

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I have about 2500 miles on my new EFI bike with them. I can't tell if they have opened up a bit but perhaps have in hindsight. I hope they do though. I have to admit, I was pretty shocked if not slightly dissappointed when I first bolted them on and started the bike. I thought, man these are quiet for so called off road pipes. Burn packing buuuurn. :)

Mine have opened up a fair amount, but nothing crazy. But yeah, they aren't very loud pipes either way, especially for glass packs.

Out of curiosity, have you tried standing behind the bike as someone else revs it up?

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Just woundering if anybody has a set of staintunes installed on their Bonne SE 09/10 Mag Wheel version and if they are happy with the aesthetics and also the sound? Thanks Ben

To me the Togas do NOT sound like the Staintunes reverse cones.

I dont really know yet but will know on 22nd as there will be my Hydes , a set of reverse cone Arrows and also reverse cone Staintunes. As well as my TORS which will then be on a Wobblys Centennial.

I really think that is only way to compare really as even listening to the video of the Hydes shown on this thread. They just dont sound as wonderfull as the actual sound the Hydes make on my bike.

sportyone

Street Tracker
Predator Exhaust Cost $800 AUD

STAINTUNE EXHAUST $1200 AUD + POSTAGE

HAS ANYBODY IN AUS GOT PREDATORS ON AND HAVE THEY HAD ANY DRAMA WITH THE EPA OR BOYS IN BLUE

mate, your worrying far too much, HD are heaps louder than any bonneville could be and the cops don't seem to pull them up on it unless they are hooning around or they grab them for speeding.
I have MADAZ pipes on my 2008 Bonneville and they're sweet as,
pity they are hard to get now days don't think they are made anymore ? :headbang2:

Attachments

• IRP ANEWa.jpg
    IRP ANEWa.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0