A gorgeous day in Florida

koifarm

Hooligan
Sorry to those of you in the frigid north but I just got back from a 100 mile ride on the Bonneville. After sitting out some cold, rainy and sometimes frigid weather, today burst out in the mid 70's, sunny and breezy so I could not pass that up and went for a nice ride...
Ran into a rather torn up road work area but other than that it was a beauty of a day sunny and warm, little traffic on the road, saw about half a dozen bikes out doing the same thing....
Christmas day is supposed to be even warmer so it may result in another shot at it....
I wish everyone up north could enjoy the same, I know winters are long, having gone through them when I lived in Wisconsin...
You all have a nice Christmas day, hope Santa brings you lots of goodies for your bikes....

drlapo

Hooligan
mid 30s and sunny here in CT
snow depth down to less than a foot
great day for a hike in the woods with the dog

koifarm

Hooligan
Brrr, Doc...sounds chilly up that way, you guys just got blasted with a bunch of snow from the rain that came through here right?
Ever use snow shoes or X country skis? I used to love hiking in the woods with snowshoes on......the woods are so beautiful on those sunny days and fresh snow....all the critter tracks tell you lots of stories.....

speedtrip

Scooter
AWWW yes , the wornderful Florida winter days I even left work early to take a ride in the Fl sunshine . After a short little ride to Cedar Key , I figured better be getting home

koifarm

Hooligan
Cedar key

AWWW yes , the wornderful Florida winter days I even left work early to take a ride in the Fl sunshine . After a short little ride to Cedar Key , I figured better be getting home

That is a nice little run Speedtrip, once you get out of Hogtown and all the traffic....Ever go to tour the Dudley Farm?....great place, wonderful history there....

SLEDHEAD

Two Stroke
Sorry to those of you in the frigid north but I just got back from a 100 mile ride on the Bonneville. After sitting out some cold, rainy and sometimes frigid weather, today burst out in the mid 70's, sunny and breezy so I could not pass that up and went for a nice ride...
Ran into a rather torn up road work area but other than that it was a beauty of a day sunny and warm, little traffic on the road, saw about half a dozen bikes out doing the same thing....
Christmas day is supposed to be even warmer so it may result in another shot at it....
I wish everyone up north could enjoy the same, I know winters are long, having gone through them when I lived in Wisconsin...
You all have a nice Christmas day, hope Santa brings you lots of goodies for your bikes....

Ah...Yes...Wonderful Wisconsin.....This mornings winter wonderland of sleet...snow....freezing rain....

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 0

nohawk

Rocker
Ah...Yes...Wonderful Wisconsin.....This mornings winter wonderland of sleet...snow....freezing rain....

I think that is about what I got to look forward to for the rest of the winter up in N.PA. Working outside in it sucks! My 2nd day there I went to Gander Mtn and spent about 300bucks

koifarm

Hooligan
Space

Same here in west Mich. Makes for great Christmas travel...not! Any extra bedrooms at your place, Koi?

Sure thing, c'mon down for Daytona Bike Week, it's 35 minutes from here via slab but 45-55 minutes on some first class Florida back roads, Even her in Saint Augustine there are tons of bikers and a Harley shop just around the corner(if you like Harley Shops) but lots of things to see locally as well....
Right now we're having four or five days of warm weather, it cycles about every ten days when a cold front comes through and each day gets warmer.
Usually by March it's plenty warm in any case.
But feel free to come down any time....we'll show ya around....

slowgator

750cc

Trip: I got a riding Bud in G-ville with a Scram; let me know if you want to meet up. Hooked up with an Orlando Rat group that meets up at a smokehouse in Interlachen; let's ride!

Oxblood

750cc
You floridans are spoiled! The wife and I took the bikes out today for some winter fun.

-2.jpg

-5.jpg

slowgator

750cc
x is right;

Ox not spoiled we complain about EVERYTHING , 90 degree weather TOO HOT
50 degree weather TOO COLD ,

...but the good part is the average temp is about halfway between 50 and 90. Ox is right, we ARE spoiled! I remember all too well the Michigan winters.

bonnaz

Scooter
supposed to be a chilly 72 deg F for the annual New Years Day ride up to Tortilla Flats.
Oh, and I was out in my t-shirt, fingerless gloves & half helmet Sunday, riding in this cold winter weather.
Gotta Love the Desert

koifarm

Hooligan
Alma Mater

supposed to be a chilly 72 deg F for the annual New Years Day ride up to Tortilla Flats.
Oh, and I was out in my t-shirt, fingerless gloves & half helmet Sunday, riding in this cold winter weather.
Gotta Love the Desert

Give good old ASU a wave when you pass by....my old alma mater......