in Asheville

Hey mi gente,

I'm 33 and in Asheville, NC. A former auto technition, zoo keeper and current student of cultural anthropology. My current ride is a 81 cb 750 custom, but I'm looking to get into Thruxton.

Is anyone else on here in or around Asheville? Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced used Thruxton around here?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0346.jpg
    IMG_0346.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 0

schnabba

Two Stroke
search craigslist periodically... searchtempest.com lets you search listings within a radius.... you'll probably find one in the spring in either charlotte or atlanta. Won't find much for the next few months, but you can always keep an eye out.

Oxblood

750cc
Welcome to the club! I love old CB's they are next on my list of bikes to own. This guy builds some badass ones http://www.cb750cafe.com/

76a81f0e50ebbd4a291eda58e489a107.jpg

Last edited:

simpson

TT Racer
hello from Hickory...but next week Greensboro.

Look at Craigslist Helper to find you a Thruxton. That's how I did it.

-simpson

whyme

TT Racer
I got a good deal on e-bay. I spent some time making sure the guy was legit. It was $300 to ship 1200 miles. Worked out great for me. You can probably get a good winter deal right now too.

Geoh3

Scooter
I'm down the hill in Anderson. Periodically a Thruxton pops up on Craigslist - Greenville.
Good luck with the search.

DandyDoug

750cc
I'm a bit east of you in Lewisville, over by Winston Salem. Several guys in your area with New Bonnevilles and Thruxtons. Find one and join us in Maggie Valley in the spring.

simpson

TT Racer
I'm a bit east of you in Lewisville, over by Winston Salem. Several guys in your area with New Bonnevilles and Thruxtons. Find one and join us in Maggie Valley in the spring.

Yeah, he needs to meet Joba. That guy finds deals like nobody else!

See you in Maggie Valley!

-simpson

wobblygong

Street Tracker
:up:G'day Unc.....welcome to the forum.

We crave ride reports and pics of same....capece.

:australia::brit::canada::usa::scotland::sweden: