'08 Tank Badge Suppliers?

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Hey Gang,

I did a search and although did find some info, I am looking for more, so...

I am looking at possibly swapping out my tank badges on my '08. Who supplies new ones? I have been to sixty8, and they are not what I am looking for, and when searching for MADSS, all I could find was some blog. So any idea where to start looking? I am more inclined to go with the 'mouth organ' (or whatever you want to call them) style...

Thanks.

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Hamr Mark,
I, too, was looking for tank badges and ended up snagging a pair of "Heritage" badges on eBay for $25 (what a deal!). Below are pictures of the four badges that Triumph has offered for the Bonneville, along with their Triumph part numbers.

Bonneville A9758046, Classic A9758043, Eyebrow A9758044, Heritage A9758045 (The Sixty8 series also offered the Heritage badges with painted letters.)

IMPORTANT: There is a LEFT and a RIGHT part number. The RIGHT badge will not fit flush on the LEFT side of the tank, and vice versa.

Left to right:
BONNEVILLE....................CLASSIC....................EYEBROW....................HERITAGE

Attachments

• Tank Badge Bonneville A9758046.jpg
    Tank Badge Bonneville A9758046.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Tank Badge Classic A9758043.jpg
    Tank Badge Classic A9758043.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Tank Badge Eyebrow A9758044.jpg
    Tank Badge Eyebrow A9758044.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Tank Badge Heritage A9758045.jpg
    Tank Badge Heritage A9758045.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Gentlemen, I have a pair of 'Classic' (also known as "Garden Gate") badges that I'm not going to use. You can't tell them from new.

$75 shipped in CONUS.

T-boy

Rocker
Aren't the '08 & '09 tanks shaped slightly different than previous years? Are they making badges to fit the EFI tanks, or do the badges fit all tanks?

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
All Bonnie tank badges fom '01 - '08 are interchangeable, as long as they're bolted on. My '09 50th Anniversary T100 uses 'stick-on' badges, which means I can't swap 'em for any of the above. Otherwise these garden gate badges would be on my '09.

Neducati

Two Stroke
All Bonnie tank badges fom '01 - '08 are interchangeable, as long as they're bolted on. My '09 50th Anniversary T100 uses 'stick-on' badges, which means I can't swap 'em for any of the above. Otherwise these garden gate badges would be on my '09.

Chris-

The fact that you have stick on badges does not mean that you can't use the bolt on badges. Some of the new '08 and early '09 tanks with stick on badges have threaded inserts under your badges. I too had a '09 50th Anniversary Bonnie, and pulled off the badges and bolted on the proper Classic badges. See the photos below.

At some time during model year '09 Triumph stopped installing the threaded inserts and for those bikes you cannot bolt on tank badges. But depending upon when yours was made, you might be able to do it.

Stock tank:

097a.jpg

After removing stock glue on badge:

112.jpg

After installing Classic badge:

115a.jpg

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
Chris-

The fact that you have stick on badges does not mean that you can't use the bolt on badges. Some of the new '08 and early '09 tanks with stick on badges have threaded inserts under your badges. I too had a '09 50th Anniversary Bonnie, and pulled off the badges and bolted on the proper Classic badges. See the photos below.

At some time during model year '09 Triumph stopped installing the threaded inserts and for those bikes you cannot bolt on tank badges. But depending upon when yours was made, you might be able to do it.

Ned, got it.. I think it's your bike - or another 50th Anniversary T100 - that got me started on the idea of swapping badges a year ago. I don't want to peel off the stock badges unless I absolutely know for sure that my tank has the holes for the bolts. I have a buddy who has a flexible bore scope - he works in the aviation business. He told me he'd be able to put the scope in my tank and see if the threaded portions are there.

I gotta ask.. why no rubber backing on your garden gate badges?

Neducati

Two Stroke

Chris, for the simple reason that I think it looks more authentic without the rubber backing. The old bikes didn't have anything behind the badges either. Just an aesthetic decision.

Ned

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Ned, got it.. I think it's your bike - or another 50th Anniversary T100 - that got me started on the idea of swapping badges a year ago. I don't want to peel off the stock badges unless I absolutely know for sure that my tank has the holes for the bolts. I have a buddy who has a flexible bore scope - he works in the aviation business. He told me he'd be able to put the scope in my tank and see if the threaded portions are there.

Does this mean you're not selling?

KingBear

Hooligan
How about trying your local dealer for the badges? You might be able to save a few bucks shopping online but your dealer needs your business and someday you'll probably need him.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
How about trying your local dealer for the badges? You might be able to save a few bucks shopping online but your dealer needs your business and someday you'll probably need him.

That's what I ended up doing. Scared as shit taking the old ones off. Will there be holes, will I wreck the paint, will there be no holes, but I break the badge???

Well, I am happy to say that everything has come out ok. The holes are there. I did not break the badges. And only a pin-head size scratch. All that's left is a quick polish and screw on the new ones.

hopefully smeone will soon make cheap stick on, old style badges for the rest of us

With the new adhesives available today, trim a proper screw head to the proper length and glue it into the holes in the badge. Then (carefully) glue the unit to the new tank.

When I get tired of my badges, I'm gonna have a plain tank (no logo) or maybe a custom Triumph logo painted on. Can't make up my mind so, nothing done yet but lots'a thinking and imagining for now.