2010 CB1100 - oooyeaaa

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Like a stock bonnie - no wow factor - but the potential is there.....

2010_Honda_CB1100_Customize_2.jpg

slobinski

Scooter
I liked the white one in the video. Reminds me a bit of the old 750 fours. Hope they bring one to the motorcycle show in Seattle next month.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Like a stock bonnie - no wow factor - but the potential is there.....

no - no ... a stock Bonnie WOWed the shit out of me when I first saw it. That CB1100 doesnt do it for me. It looks too much like a 80s CB750 Custom (see pic) - which I was never a big fan of 80s bike designs. Now, if they let loose with that half fairing R/W/B version that I saw in prototype pictures? I'll be having a garage clearing sale most riki-tiki.

Attachments

• cb750_80.jpg
    cb750_80.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 0

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
I saw my first bonnies in 02, when I went shopping for triumph gear for my Pops at the Woodstock Triumph dealer, never gave them a 2nd glance for some reason. Bought my 58 Triumph custom and rode for a few years, then when pics of the Thruxton started popping up on the net - then I was Wowed, traded the 58 in for a thrux sight unseen and took delivery 6 weeks later. I liked the early 80's F sport models so I guess thats why I like this bike.

strokerlmt

I agree Bonafide......Doesn't wow me either......all I see is a pretty nice engine on a decent frame .....the rest needs mods.

mikenva

Rocker
I think they would of done better with a 70s cb style tank the rest of it is pretty cool though.But I agree with the dude bonnies have allways had a wow factor to them even people that dont ride them love the looks and all ways have.There just 100% what a bike should look like.I hate to say it but the only other bike I feel this way about is the HD sportster.I guess it was what I grew up thinking a bike should look like.If you look at the 60s and early 70s jap bikes they all looked alittle like our twins.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Odd that this video popped up. I went to the Honda website yesterday and not a whiff of the CB1100. Wonder what the hell's going on. In my opinion it would sell, but not enough for Honda to say.....have a production run of more than 3 or 4 years... if that.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Its got the late style wheels too. Very 1980... not my favorite flashback.
Why did they go for the later CB? Could it be they are appealing to YOUNGER AND YOUNGER buyers who are nostalgic for the 1980's? Oh, man - thats why I am not crazy about it!!! Its 80's retro!!

who else feels old?

Last edited:
2 too many cylinders to "wow" me.

At least it doesn't look like some insect from hell like a lot of the new bikes today.

There is nothing being made/imported now that has even made me think of changing from my Bonnie Black. If it floats your boat, fine, it is a motorcycle and that makes it ok for ya, if you are so inclined.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
OK, curiousness got to me. I called the local Honda dealer and no such thing as a CB1100 in the pipeline as far as they knew.