“Bonneville Heuer”

AceT100

Rocker
Make's me laugh how TAG-Hauer keep making something out of the McQueen character wearing a Monaco in the movie.
He only wore it in the racing scenes because 'Michael Delaney' the character and 'his team', was 'sponsored' by Hauer. This was all part of McQueen's insistence on accuracy, and if you look carefully in some of the non racing scenes you can just notice him wearing his personal Rolex Submariner which he bought just before filming started, and which he then wore for the rest of his life and which you can also see him wearing in Towering Inferno and his last film The Hunter.

Stepping off soapbox...

McQueen Fan Out

:eeek:

strokerlmt

ACE....I'm with you.....doesn't look very Steve Mc to me. In fact my feeling is if he was here with us he would reject that milk toast creation.

em_dot

Street Tracker
The Rolex Submariner is the unofficial watch of the Marine Corps Lt. I had the oportunity to by a Submariner at the PX in Okinawa in 1991 for $900.00 (date bubble and all). I didn't because I thought that was WAY too expensive. I could kick myself now.

I'm partial to a Timex Ironman. It's what I wore in combat, it's what I wore in all three of my Ironman races (every other triathlon for that matter). I'm wearing one right now. All beat up, scratched lens, and missing a button. Still living the life...

For me; this maybe a Monaco worth owning someday. A little campy maybe, but WTF... http://www.mlahart.com/Citadel/TAG-Heuer_19/TAG-Heuer-brMonaco_17

D9

Vendor
Dunno... getting cynical about all the "special edition" Bonnies that have come thru the
marketing pipeline... from the PS bikes to this, it's all pretty much just paint on a stock bike. Some cool "limited" or
"special" edition bodywork - components etc - something functional, gorgeous and trick and not available anywhere else, would be welcome IMO. Triumph does have a little bit of history to tap into in a more serious way and I wish they would.

Have to agree with u D9. Can understand the limited edition one off centennial for 100 yrs and anniversary for 50 but one offs ? What next a happy days one off or a Marlon brando T/bird ?
Not saying its not a nice looking bike and it is certainly a cool colour but whats the point when we all make our bikes one off to an extent anyway. Maube thats why i am not in marketing.

KingBear

Hooligan
I sorta like the rugged look of some of the TAG watches, but I've been a Rolex man for some years now and have no plans to change anytime soon. Mine is a GMT Master identical to this one...

rolex_gmt.jpg

D9

Vendor
Have to agree with u D9. Can understand the limited edition one off centennial for 100 yrs and anniversary for 50 but one offs ? What next a happy days one off or a Marlon brando T/bird ?
Not saying its not a nice looking bike and it is certainly a cool colour but whats the point when we all make our bikes one off to an extent anyway. Maube thats why i am not in marketing.

Thinking about the Bonneville aftermarket... it's a very different scene from 4-5 years ago... many choices for many components... it'd be cool to see Triumph go well beyond paint to team with a well-regarded custom builder or several, and/or a few aftermarket outfits and create a short production run - 50 bikes maybe - of something interesting.