EFI pipes turn Blue Fast too

Advice from dealer on 2010 T100 was that an easy break-in period on an EFI model would blue the pipes less than a carb model. Would turn more of the gold color. The other day I left the choke (basically a high idle) on too long only to find the pipes glowing red. After cooled, my new pipes are blue. Wasn't sure if I wanted or would like blue pipes, but looks like i'm gonna like em now. Only took 100 miles (and a little mistake on the choke) to get those pipes blue.

Attachments

• DSCN1207.jpg
    DSCN1207.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1212.jpg
    DSCN1212.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1205.jpg
    DSCN1205.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 0

whyme

TT Racer
yeah, that works well with a lot of work...I used Blue Away and it seemed to have some abrasive in it. I'd stay away from Blue Away.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
I got a product called Purple off ebay after being recommended by a fellow bike buddy it turns the blue into a nice gold colour and if you apply more it removes it all together with a nice normal chrome finish it cost me 28 Aud just another option and buy the way great bike... BenjaminDickens

ge-or-ge

Scooter
gold

After 300 mi. mine are gold, with water spots from some rain. It looks like a leopard.
CHrome would be ideal, hoping for blue/purple sometime, but gold goes with my paint job. It is what it is.

You made me curious so I went out to the garage to take a look. I have just over 1200 miles on my '09 EFI and not much blue or gold. I changed out my intake and exhaust along with removing the air injection before 100 mi so. Maybe that had something to do with it? From what I had read, taking out the air injection helps prevent blueing of the pipes. Dunno.

Attachments

• P1030484.jpg
    P1030484.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
  • P1030485.jpg
    P1030485.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 0