The perfect handlebars

Hollywood

Scooter
Yet another gratuitous m-bar post. These are in the upside down position. Triumph Thruxton accessory mirrors. (Napoleon)

100_1919.jpg

100_1915.jpg

mikel09

moped
M handlebars Hyde

Hi,

I bought the M handlebars a few weeks ago.

When I place them in the lowest position (with the sticker of the mark up)
the bar touches the the tank badge when it bends to the fullest.

I wonder if I made some mistake isntalling it or it is normal.

How could fix it?

ivar

TT Racer
Handlebars and seating position is such a personal choice...

I'm long in the torso and prefer a fairly up right seating position...

The stock bar 4" rise suits me fairly well... Though I didn't care for the looks...

I'm long in the torso, short in the arms , so the stock bars works well for me too, but as said above, the looks is not optimal with the sharp bends.

Tried LSL sport touring bars, those were to narrow and far forward for me.

Also rode a BSA A65 Lightning with M-bars, fit me fine but thats a compact bike, and I think they won't fit me as good on the Bonnie. Guess the only way to find out would be to try. I'd also like to try those flat track bars.

I just put on these Ace from Norman Hyde. Getting accustomed. I think they make the top of the forks look tight. Is a different ride than the drag bars I had on.

Last edited:

Carnation

Street Tracker
I'm long in the torso, short in the arms , so the stock bars works well for me too, but as said above, the looks is not optimal with the sharp bends.

Tried LSL sport touring bars, those were to narrow and far forward for me.

Also rode a BSA A65 Lightning with M-bars, fit me fine but thats a compact bike, and I think they won't fit me as good on the Bonnie. Guess the only way to find out would be to try. I'd also like to try those flat track bars.

If you like the feel of the stock bars then the UK Low bars from NH end up in a very similar position, but look "right".

cynr1023

TT Racer
I've got the ace bars on and really like them.
I had the drag bars from new Bonneville and liked them as well, but the ace bars are taking me in the direction I want to go.

Beaman

Two Stroke
I love my New Bonneville SuperBars! The ergos are perfect for me - somewhere between 5'10" and 5'11" depending on gravity that day....

samc

Scooter
Mine came to me with superbars and Genmar risers; too low, too far forward for my aging body; I can't do that anymore. I'd always liked the stock bars, so I got the Bella Corse Western bars (which are very different from the New Bonneville western bars--narrower, lower). The Bella Corse bars are almost the same as the OEM bars, but a little prettier bends and maybe a little bit narrower. perfect! I can sit upright!

A decent used superbar available cheap........

Mazeppa

moped
Samc, I didn't realize that the BellaCorse Western Handlebars were different from the Norman Hyde Western Handlebars, as sold by NewBonneville. One big difference: the latter require longer cables to be installed.

I'm usually only stiff-necked with regard to my unwillingness to compromise :) - but I got a very stiff neck after my first ride after switching to Superbars. I'm 6'2" with longish arms, but something about the ride position doesn't agree with me. Think I'll give the BC Western bars a shot.

Easy13

Street Tracker
I went for originality. Also being a bit over 6' with a 34" sleeve, I like a little height. Further, as my bikes live in the house with me, they have to fit through a standard door and I got tired of wriggling the handlebars to fit em through.

My solution? Z Bars! A full 13 letters down the alphabet from M Bars!

IMG_1233.jpg

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
If you like the feel of the stock bars then the UK Low bars from NH end up in a very similar position, but look "right".

Ok...more handlebar questions...

I am looking at swapping out my '08 oem bars for something a bit lower. The current width works for me, so I would like to stay about that size. I really can't see myself with Ace bars, so these NH Low bars look to be pretty good. Am I reading right that they are similar in width to oem bar, they just don't rise as high? Has/does anyone use 'em?

drlapo

Hooligan
stock HD Sporster bars are cheap (used) and the lower ones are suitable for the Bonne
the Sporster Sport bars are a low "flattrack" bend with lots of pullback, yours for $25