Is the Triumph Service Manual Worth the $$$?

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Ok.

Let's get things straight right from the hop. I am not looking to start a debate on whether the OEM Service Manual is overpriced, why it doesn't come with our bikes, stealing is right, and/or stealing is wrong...etc etc...

What I am looking for is info on if it is worth having for my '08 Bonneville? I am starting to feel comfortable wrenching and will be doing some upgrades over the '09 winter. I already have the Haynes, and it does cover most of what I will be doing. I know having too much info usually isn't a bad thing, so is the manual beneficial, helpful and all that jazz?

Would it be possible for someone to post A page, or pm A page so I have an idea of what I would be getting when I go out and get myself one?

Thanks....

normandy

Street Tracker
It has more blowups and diagrams vs Haynes pictures and is written for mechanics to use so is not completely user friendly to novice mechanics.

koifarm

Hooligan
Both are the best bet, they are slightly different so you get two opinions on whatever you are doing....the schematics are good for electrics....
It's like anything else Hamr, you need good tools to do a good job.....it's just another tool man......

TC_Dick

TT Racer
There were a few things in the hanyes book that I didn't understand, but seeing the repair manual cleared things up for me.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Thanks 51...

Yeah, I think I have to do it. I have to order some bike stands for the Bon, so I will order the book at the same time.