sayings, quotes, etc

Post your favorite quotes, sayings, adages, dirty limericks, etc!

I keep a word file with my favorites. I heard a good one today for the first time:

"time will tell and shit will smell"

here are some of my other favorites. I bet all of you will recognize or have heard some if not all of them.

Ok here is my collection (some have the author credited, some don't, some I might have made up myself or unknowingly ripped off):

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

"Simplify, then add lightness." -Colin Chapman

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move."
-Robert Louis Stevenson

I can explain it to you but I can't make you understand.

The only thing worse than riding in the rain is not riding in the sun.

When people think I'm nuts I know I'm really onto something.

"Faster and faster until the thrill of acceleration overcomes your fear of death" -HST

"Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles" -HST

You live more in five minutes on a bike like that, going flat out, than some people live in a lifetime.

If you don’t follow through on your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable.

It’s not the critic that counts.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Bacon and Eggs: A day's work for a chicken, a lifetime commitment for a pig.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." -H.L. Mencken

gcrider

Street Tracker
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it".

-Ferris Bueller-

Uncle Fat

Scooter
“Anyone can make the simple complicated. Creativity is making the complicated simple.” - Charles Mingus

"If music is pleasing to my ear, why does it need a category?" - T. Monk

“Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live” - Charles Bukowski

"This is fucked! No money... no weed... it's all been replaced by a pile of corpses!" - Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

Last edited:

adrianwhipp

Two Stroke
I miss Yorkshire sayings:

"Where ther’s muck, ther’s brass"

"Eee by gum"

"It’s neither nowt nor summat"

"An' Ah'll tell ye that fer nowt"

10 pounds sterlin for correct translations.

Ben Quick

Street Tracker
Mary, Mary, quite contrary,
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells, and cockleshells,
And one fucking egg plant!

Anon

nickletooth

Scooter
"dont just do something , stand there!"

"what a day a difference makes"

"iff you cant join them, beat them!"

"you cant polish a turd."

hankmarx

750cc
''Cream always rise to the top,
but so do turds...

and they are so hard to separate
once they intermingle."

MattRat

TT Racer
"I never met a man I didn't like" - Will Rogers

"I never liked a man I didn't meet" - Dotorthy Parker (upon meeting Will Rogers)

"Just ski down there and jump off something, fer cryin' out loud!" - Shane McConkey (RIP)

"Imma let you finish" - Kanye West

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Never trust a naked Bus driver

It's easy to clean out a Bank in Energine Kansas

If it has Tits or Tires it's trouble.