Most comfortable seat for a Scrambler?

Neducati

Two Stroke
I just got an '09 Scrambler and love the look of the seat but it's not very comfortable for more than about 20 miles. I'm considering the following alternatives:

1. Triumph single seat and rack (Triumph Part no. A9708096)

Scrambler_Single-Seat-and-R.jpg

2. Triumph king and queen seat (Triumph Part no. A9708023)

PICT1016_800x600_.JPG

3. Corbin gunfigher and lady (thanks for the photo Jim)

Seat-Corbin.jpg

4. reworking my stock seat by Sargent, Pirate Upholstery or some other saddle company.

I've had lots of Corbins before on other bikes and generally like them over stock seats, but they are heavy, and worse yet, Corbin as a company totally sucks. Their customer service is the worst I have ever encounterd in any business, and I really hate supporting a company that treats their customers so poorly. . . . ok back on topic.

Has anyone compared the Triumph single seat/rack combo to the Triumph king and queen to the Corbin seat in terms of long range comfort?

Thanks for your input.

Ned

DIRK

750cc
at around 80,000 i had Sargent redo a seat for my r75/5. fab job seat was broken in within 700 miles and serviced me well until 198,000 miles. bought a newer bike could not pass up the deal.

MattRat

TT Racer
pm Hedge - he has both the solo w/rack and the K&Q.

I'll say the K&Q is more comfortable but have not spent much time at all on the solo. K&Q is ugly as hell though.

Neducati

Two Stroke
pm Hedge - he has both the solo w/rack and the K&Q.

I'll say the K&Q is more comfortable but have not spent much time at all on the solo. K&Q is ugly as hell though.

Thanks for the suggestion re PMing Hedge. I'll do that. I agree that the King and Queen is not a very attractive seat. I was thinking of getting one and having it recovered with leather and removing the buttons. The buttons look like something out of a 50s nightclub, and I don't mean that in a good way!

TC_Dick

TT Racer
I've had 2 of the 3, never tried the triumph K&Q. Currently I have the single seat w/rack on my bike, and I sold the corbin to another forumite..

the corbin was really comfy when riding on flat ground, but going down a hill I'd end up bouncing my junk off the tank because the seat was so slick. it also forced me to sit too far forward in the seat because of the rear seat.

The solo w/rack is really comfy, and I've done 250 mile days on it with pretty good results. it is a little soft, but that's ok overall.

The seat I use if I'm going to go for a long trip is a custom corbin I picked up off ebay. it's basically the gf&l pan with a flat top. it looks like the scrambler gel seat in shape, but is an ugly brown color. I plan to dye the leather, and that may end up being my primary seat.

I've also heard good things about the scrambler gel seat, if you want to keep that stock look.

Hedge

American Infidel
Solo Seat & Rack - King & Queen Seat with High Sissy Bar

Thanks for the suggestion re PMing Hedge. I'll do that. I agree that the King and Queen is not a very attractive seat. I was thinking of getting one and having it recovered with leather and removing the buttons. The buttons look like something out of a 50s nightclub, and I don't mean that in a good way!
Oh God - if i only had time to re-join you guys! I actually drove the Bonneville into work today after not riding it for over a month. I think the last time I drove it was to the Grand Canyon in the Bronx (Yankee Stadium) to see the Yankees play the Red Sox in that 15 inning history making win! I'm actually going back tonight to see the opening game of the last series of the year between the Yankees and the Sox; 1st ow in the Bleacher Creature section! Back to the thread . . . I have the Solo seat & rack on right now because that is the most comfortable seat for single rider that I have used and besides it looks so fucking retro cool that I love it If Mrs. Hedge is going or I'm going to take a long trip with UncleCharlie I always put on the quasi-ugly but ultra comfortable Triumph King & Queen seat. That is quite arguably the most comfortable seat I have ever sat on. I always put the sissy bar on as well because it gives Mrs. Hedge the added security of feeling she will not fly off the back. The whole process of swapping from solo seat to K&Q with sissy bar takes me under 10 min. Like many have said before - when your sitting on it nobody can see it is ugly so no biggy!If you want another opinion ask Bonneville Billy; he rides the K&Q at all times and couldn't give a Rat's ass on how it looks because he is comfortable! wish I had more time because I would post pictures of my solo seat & rack and my K&Q with high sissy bar but if cruise through the past posts they are all there. I had them all powder-coated black because Black is the ultimate color in my opinion!
:ride:Hedge

ivar

TT Racer
I agree that the King and Queen is not a very attractive seat. I was thinking of getting one and having it recovered with leather and removing the buttons.

I saw a pic somewhere of a redone K&Q seat, it was slimmed down a bit and looked much less bulky than stock.

airspro

Scooter
K&Q is pretty hard to beat but it's even better with a sheepskin pad on it :)
I would have gotten that single gel seat but my I bring my wife along also and don't want to switch back and forth . BTW she really likes the backrest on the Hepco Becker TopCase better than the Tall SissyBar it replaced . I guess it fits her better .

I don't hardly get monkeybutt anymore with both on .

HPIM1875.jpg

Rocker

Two Stroke
I have the Scrambler solo/rack seat and the Scrambler gel seat. Both are far more comfortable than the stocker, usually leave the dual gel seat on because I think it looks better,use the solo when I need the luggage room, but that's just my opinion.
My butt isn't big enough (yet) to cover up the K&Q so that's not an option.

I also have the single seat and cannot speak more highly of it. I normally use an AirHawk on all day rides but have found the Scrambler solo seat to be plenty good without the AirHawk. BTW, The Thruxton rear seat cover will also fit the Scrambler single seat so if you want to add a dash of cafe racer to your Scram, you can do it!

Hedge

American Infidel
Great to hear from you Hedge! Thanks for your insight.
Thx for the shout-out Ned! I'm currently looking to change my world so that my life becomes more sensible and I have enough time to re-join the fold! I did manage to take the Bonneville down to Yankee Stadium Friday night to watch the first game of the Yankees vs Red Sox sweep! Nice to go into the Bronx with the bike. It makes parking so easy; and getting in and out when the crowd jams out is another bonus. Not the least worried about it being stolen because I park it up on a heavily lit and patrolled street. Even if it was stolen I'm insured and can get another one and rebuild it exactly like this one! I had the solo seat & rack on for that trip and it was nice as ever. The only down side was the ride home around 11:30pm; once I hit the Merritt parkway it was pitch black and I started to get Deer nervous . . . was it my time? Well, obviously not because I'm here this morning writing this. :up:

Neducati

Two Stroke
once I hit the Merritt parkway it was pitch black and I started to get Deer nervous . . . was it my time? Well, obviously not because I'm here this morning writing this. :up:

And we're all damn glad you survived the experience!

West

Scooter
The stock Scrambler seat isn't all that bad. It's flat and broad. I'm a seat-weeny and find most stock seats intolarable. I also have the solo and find the platform great but the foam too soft... I may have it re-worked with some nicer foam in the future.

I started with the original stock seat. After my first long distance trip it became my mission to find a better option. After 30 minutes the back pain was unbearable.

I then purchased the solo seat w/rack, and it was a little bit better, but not much. My back wouldn't begin to hurt until about 45 minutes into the ride.

After some debate, I bought the gunfighter seat from Corbin. I can ride for hours pain free, and I recommend it to anyone able to invest the $380. It is absolutely a necessity!

http://www.corbin.com/

I swapped my stock for the solo w/ rack when ordering farkles leaving the dealer.
Seat took a few days to arrive so started out on the ironing board. No real complaints but no major miles racked on it...just out n about with the missus.

Took a 900mile ride from Phoenix to the Devil's Highway & New Mexico and back in day with the solo. Needless to say the seat fared well.
I was sore, but hey, even riding Claudia Schiffer for 900 miles would hurt right?

Cheers
Peter

bonnxton

Scooter
stock seat

Standard Bonnie seat, solo rack/ seat and Thruxton seats are all better than the standard scram seats IMHO. Had them all.

D

blumtnman

Scooter
Scram Seat?

On my 2010 Scrambler I have a 2009 standard Bonnie seat. I found the Bonnie seat amazingly comfortable, so when I traded my Bonnie on the Scrambler the seat came too. I really like it.