2009 Bonnie Black

ge-or-ge

Scooter
Hey all:

P1030153.jpg

Cool:up: or Lame:hurt:?LOL?

I sent a greetings to the welcome page, but then remembered that I could take photos and link them, so un-edited what I wrote.

So to bikeypikey and the rest, “Attack of the Blue Dots” means that when I picked up my 2009 Bonneville Black Standard, I thought they pretty much got all the blue factory inspection marks that riddled the bike. I still am finding them!!!

It has been a few years journey on the purchase, but I think my timing was right for me. I traded a 98 Honda Shadow ACE cruiser, which I was quite fond of and was hard to part with. I had a 76 Honda CB200T in high school and yearned for the old school look again. I considered Ducati and Moto Guzzi, but always came back to Triumph. And after a month in this saddle, I am loving the sport feel and retro look.

I’m a modifier since I was a kid; when all my toy cars had their wheels off and replaced.
Not 2 weeks into ownership, I took a leap and had it pinstriped at a Masters of Pinstripe expo at the Harley Museum. As a graphic designer, I was able to quickly sketch an idea for the front and tank and then let the master “Brando” do his craft. I like 50-60’s sci-fi movies, and always doodled rockets in high school, so decided on that. It’s much like a tattoo, you can either go with the template, or create your own, special image. Also, on that same parallel, there is a lot of trust in the artist that takes place as well. I’m very satisfied.

I just put Triumph bar ends on and have fork boots to put on as soon as I borrow/buy a lift.

Have this coming next week:
http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Chaparral/productr.asp?pf_id=L107-445&gift=False&HSLB=False&mscssid=52058A60BEB54C6EB9171BEC8837E193

Maybe Dominators in the spring, but not sure yet.

Here's the gallery so far:
http://picasaweb.google.com/georgezagel/Bonneville#

Going to show it off tomorrow night at a vintage bike night at the Iron Horse hotel near the HD Museum. Maybe post some photos from that too.

I’ve taken up enough space for one post, so see you on the road!
George

Last edited: