Have giant hornets? < Create giant deathbox!

EDG1911

Street Tracker
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5b1_1252179216&p=1

http://www.japanprobe.com/?p=6480

How'd you like to have one of these sumbitches fly into your helmet??? :eeek:

vr5yrp.jpg

fukxv.jpg

here's a vid of a nutjob with one as a pet
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4e7_1229794348&p=1

also wiki page about em...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet

Last edited:

cynr1023

TT Racer
That shit gives me the heeby jeebies!! When I was a little kid I was running through the woods in Maryland, tripped and bonked my face on the ground. As I leaned there on my hands and knees I noticed a hole in the ground about the size of a nickle. Then I noticed the yellow jackets coming out of it, then I noticed the burning pain in my face as I got stung. All told the Doc said I'd been stung 16-20 times around the face and neck. I was jacked up on so much meds that I got stung on a Tuesday and didn't know what day it was until that Saturday.

EDG1911

Street Tracker
That shit gives me the heeby jeebies!! When I was a little kid I was running through the woods in Maryland, tripped and bonked my face on the ground. As I leaned there on my hands and knees I noticed a hole in the ground about the size of a nickle. Then I noticed the yellow jackets coming out of it, then I noticed the burning pain in my face as I got stung. All told the Doc said I'd been stung 16-20 times around the face and neck. I was jacked up on so much meds that I got stung on a Tuesday and didn't know what day it was until that Saturday.

Dude, that sucks...at least you got to miss some school...lol unless it was summer :playin:;)

I was bitten by a horsefly once while lawnmowing and I thought someone had grabbed the back of my arm with a pair of pliers...I can only imagine what wasps to the face feels like.

It's said that three or four stings from the giant can kill a person! :shrug: I don't want to find out.

cynr1023

TT Racer
I've also had one of these grab my finger as I went to put my boots on one very early morning in the field.

800px-MaleDobsonfly.jpg

T-boy

Rocker
What the hell is that thing? Are you living in Georgia, or the Amazon jungle???? WTF!!!!

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
I was bitten by a horsefly once while lawnmowing and I thought someone had grabbed the back of my arm with a pair of pliers...

Only once? Must be nice. Do some camping in Northern Canada sometime. After an hour of being bitten repeatedly, you don't really notice them anymore.

So who would win? The African Killer Bees, or the Asian Giant Hornets?

koifarm

Hooligan
Old Yellers

You're lucky you got away so easily, those ground yellow jackets are one of the most vicious species of hornets around. When they sting, they leave a pherome which tells all the other jackets where to find you and sting you.
I was doing a cable tv installation, walking through the woods from the phone pole to the house and stepped on a nest of them, by the time I got to the house, there were 30-40 (est) after me, I got stung twice, ran into the house along with the owner and watched as probably 100 or more repeatedly attacked the screen door I was standing behind. I had to leave through the back door and left to continue the installation the next day. Those rascals are baaaad shit....
And what the hell was that huge bug you had a picture of ?

EDG1911

Street Tracker
I was bitten by a horsefly once while lawnmowing and I thought someone had grabbed the back of my arm with a pair of pliers...

Only once? Must be nice. Do some camping in Northern Canada sometime. After an hour of being bitten repeatedly, you don't really notice them anymore.

So who would win? The African Killer Bees, or the Asian Giant Hornets?

I never let it happen again...the horse flies around here are slow...when I feel one on me I get it the hell off.

s4q6w7.jpg

EDG1911

Street Tracker
What the hell is that thing? Are you living in Georgia, or the Amazon jungle???? WTF!!!!

Form the url of the image its a Dobsonfly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dobsonfly

from the link:
This is a long, dark-colored insect found in North and Central America.

Though both male and female dobsonflies have sharp mandibles, those of an adult male dobsonfly are actually so big – up to 1 inch (25 mm) – that they are unable to harm humans, as they have such poor leverage that they are incapable of breaking the skin. Their mandibles are used exclusively during mating, where males show them off and grasp the females during copulation. Female dobsonflies, however, retain the short, powerful pincers they had as larvae, so they can inflict painful bites, which can draw blood. Notwithstanding the males' inability to inflict harm, when threatened both sexes will raise their heads and spread their jaws menacingly. They are not poisonous, but possess an irritating, foul-smelling anal spray as a last-ditch defense.

2ed5q12.jpg

Last edited:

marthruxton

Two Stroke
I was riding this past Saturday. I had a short sleeve shirt on. When I put my jacket back on I felt the pinching on my forearm as if a hair was being pulled out. I rubbed it and the pinching got much worse. By the time I figured out what was going on a and I got the jacket off a wasp had stung me about 5 times.
Thanks to the motorcycle gods I am not in Japan. That hornet might have taken my arm off.