anyone good with insect bites?

Something bit/stung me on the hand at least 6-8 times Thursday night while I slept. At first it felt like a small blister and I only noticed it while shifting gears in my truck because the shifter rests right in the palm of my hand. Later, starting Saturday morning I noticed the individual bumps with the little stinger-looking hole in the middle of them.

Now it's painful, more of a nuisance than anything, kinda feels like a bigass blister like when you burn yourself.

Can anyone identify the culprit?

5334_1102042752635_1273707195_263400_7424178_n.jpg

Are you starting to go blind yet?

ha! No, but I've heard everything from hand herpes, hand clamidia, pubic lice, etc etc etc. My friends have been super helpful.

I have had some pain radiating into my forearm and armpit, I'm not sure if it's related or not, but the biggest pain in the ass about this the bite/sting is right where I rest my hand on my grips while riding.

Norvel

Two Stroke
Calcium Bentonite Clay is an excellent source to relieving sting pain.

I carry a small hydrated jar of it with me whenever I ride.

A few weeks ago I was stung in the neck by some flying Death Monkey - of which I think I picked up riding around the Delta though of which there were Alpha/Hay fields on each side of the road.

I felt something flit'n inside my helmet on the left side and I pulled over at a gas station to take the helmet off and then felt that "bite".

My neck and jaw started to get numb!

I slathered a big Ole glob of the Clay on my neck and in about 20 minutes the bite of the sting was reduced dramatically and the numbing went totally away after about a 1/2 hour.

This was the most scary bite I've had while riding - my uncle got stung on the inside of his right leg by a wasp about 2 months ago on a ride and we put the Clay on it and he was fine after about 20 minutes.

I've also used it on a Honey Bee sting in the web of my hand - glob it on, wrap with cellophane and left it on overnight. Stinger fell out the next day and sting pain was gone in about 10-15 minutes.

Let me know and I'll send the link to the product.

MattRat

TT Racer
looks like a scorpion...
one of the little ones. been sleeping in the woods? I used to get bites like that when I was a kid camping outside San Antonio. Make a paste of Baking Soda and Water and smear it on.

I wasn't sleeping in the woods, but this probably happened while I was asleep. I think I would have noticed if I were awake. I'm going to run to the store and try to find the clay, if I can't find that I'll do the baking soda thing. I've read about that too.

thanks guys.

strokerlmt

Radiating up and down the arm doesn't sound good........
Assume that....that is related to the bites and have someone look at it.
LMT

Texas94fs

Hooligan
If its painful in the armpit it might be doing something with the lymphatic system. Any pus or secretion from the bite/sting? Does it seem to be healing up staying the same or getting worse? I would guess either the little brown scorpions we have here or something like an asp or one of those caterpillars with all the little fuzzy stingers.

no puss from the sting area. It's pretty much the same as it has been since Saturday. The armpit pain was the worst Sat night but it is still noticeable now, but more of a nuisance than real "pain". The sting area might be a little redder now than the photo above but there is little to no swelling, except a miniscule amount in the sting area.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Hmmm, take some benadryl and see if that eases any of the pain/discomfort. If it is not healing at all by this friday/saturday and you still have pain/discomfort I'd think about goin to see the doc. Could also be a spider of some sort, if its not healing up at all then that is what I'd pin it on.

koifarm

Hooligan
Sweat,
It looks to me like a spider bite, I got one very similar on my calf about two weeks ago....six or seven bites in a ragged circular pattern with welts just like yours.
Being that you live in a warm climate as I do it's more than likely what it is....mine itched like crazy for about a week then scabbed up and eventually went away....
You might check around your bed or behind the headboard or under the bed for a web or two.....you can also put benadryl cream on it to slow the itching down....

schnabba

Two Stroke
bites in concentric ring patterns are probably bedbugs actually.

My guess: fleas, bedbugs, lice (scabies type). Most likely fleas.

slowgator

750cc
Are you starting to go blind yet?

:lol::lol3:

Sweat: I got lit up by a wasp right on the ear getting out of my truck in the carport recently. It was on fire immediately. I had heard about Campho-Phenique being good and I had some I used for cold sores. Put it on and the sting was gone, almost immediately. Best results ever for insect bites! It's not expensive; pick some up while you're out and give it a try.

ps: Koi's advice to check out your bed is worthwhile; I have found some big-ass spiders in my bedroom!:eeek: Florida grows 'em big!

koifarm

Hooligan
Bedbugs?

bites in concentric ring patterns are probably bedbugs actually.

My guess: fleas, bedbugs, lice (scabies type). Most likely fleas.

Might be Schnabba but normally bedbugs will bite the legs and feet, abdomen sometimes but it might be a good idea to strip the bedding off and check the matress for the little buggers, find em in cracks and seams and they usually leave little black dots of shit where they hang during the day.
Wouldn't rule them out....
Down here in Flawda they have these monster bugs called Mexican Bedbugs...they leave a welt the size of a half dollar and come back night after night to get ya.....:hurt:

sounds like a sand scorpion sting (I'm an exterminator) they feel about like a wasp sting but not really any swelling, I got stung by one in the palm & felt the "sensation" up past my elbow, was fine a day or 2 later