Bags for the America? Not the female variety!!

Caveman

Scooter
Can someone who has no doubt been through this exercise point me in the right direction? Looking for waterproof, durable, detachable bags for the bike. Do not need the mother of all bags as I am fairly economically in so far as carrying minimal gear on trips.

Can enlightened riders recommend a place to look and/or share your research and/or experiences?

Thanks
Caveman

zmilin

Street Tracker
I had a set of Nelson Rigg 850s on EZ brackets....plenty of storage and easy on/off.
I eventually got a set of the Tuskayu Hard Bags and love em.But they dont come off very often.

Heres a great site for bags at great prices: http://www.motorcycle-luggage.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?screen=CTGY&Category_Code=Nelson-Rigg

If you do EZ brackets your most likely going to need to stiffen up the back of the bag with something. I used plexi but if I did it again Id use some of that thin stiff wood....kinda like pressed cardbaord. I cant remeber what its called right now.

I got the Willie & Max from FastEddy and am very happy. I had smaller Triumph bags (too small!) so just use the throw-over type with existing Triumph hangers, but if starting from new, go with hard-hangers. For money I went with W&M which were cheapest I could find, there are other more expensive with more elaborate quick-release/locked hangers, etc...
NorCalChuckles

I got some willie & max throwover bags and mounted them on easy brackets.

IMG_1183.jpg

It depends on the look you are going for. Since I am not going for anything really, I use an old ALICE Pack. It fits great over the rear bar and with minimal staps its secure.

ccrat

moped
OK, I realize this isn't for everyone, but a few months ago I set up two Pelican cases as hard bags on my Speedmaster. Occasionally I need to carry a notebook computer and accessories with me, which is what prompted me to do this.

speedmaster_pelican_01.jpg

The above photo shows a full-sized desktop computer securely mounted to the rack and the Pelican cases. I transported it nearly 200 miles exactly as you see it.

speedmaster_pelican_02.jpg

speedmaster_pelican_03.jpg

I used Easy Brackets to mount the cases, and made sure they were keyed the same as the Easy Brackets I use on my leather saddlebags. The Pelican case, with a 15" notebook computer and padding inside is just under the 15 pound load limit of the Easy Brackets.

I know they look unusual, but they are very functional on the rare occasion that I need them. I positioned the Pelican cases so their tops would be even with the top of my solo luggage rack, which gives a nice wide area for securing larger cargo.