NH Thruxton pipes

Carnation

Street Tracker
I'm looking at buying a Thruxton.

Is anyone running the NH Thruxton exhausts? I mean the replica Thruxton style.

Or is it easy to gut the stockers?

Last edited:
I just got a pair of NH silencers for my Thrux. I'll let you know as soon as I put them on. Might take a couple of weeks though with my schedule.

d_rog

moped
Quality is good and look a lot like the stock, just a bit slimmer and weigh a lot less. They are a lot louder than stock and definitely a noticeable increase in power.

Okay, I got the pipes on. Still some problems with throttle response, popping and backfiring. Obviously there is some air sneaking in somewhere. Throttle is pretty good down low but really lags at 4000 - 5000rpm in 5th. Some surging in 5th as well.

Apart from that, the pipes sound awesome. Not too loud, not too quiet. Just right for me. Can't wait to get it all right.

d_rog

moped
You'll have to re-jet the carbs. If i remember right i'm running 145/25 and my a/f is about 2.75 turns out. Still need a bit of a fine tune but helped out a lot.

Carnation

Street Tracker
Well..thanks for the feedback but I bought some TORs instead. I'll hear what they sound like in the morning.

tribear

Street Tracker
Carnation, enjoy the TORS. A good upgrade for sure.

WhiteStripe, try one shim under both needles. Have you pulled your snorkel?, and what other intake mods if any have you preformed?

Carnation, enjoy the TORS. A good upgrade for sure.

WhiteStripe, try one shim under both needles. Have you pulled your snorkel?, and what other intake mods if any have you preformed?

I put the one shim under both needles and the rest is all stock. I'm going to open the carbs again this weekend and give the idle mixture screws a couple of turns. Hopefully that'll do it.