I am an idiot

MES

750cc
glad you got it out.
$123 is highly motovating eh.
as positive reinforcement should should take the money you saved and buy a shiny farkle for the bike.

and where the hell is PDX?

Don't beat yourself up.Dropping your bike while pushing it is probably the easiest thing in the world to do,and has little to do with being a dumbass,or a newbie.You don't realize how easy it is to overbalance a 500 pound bike,until you get it a few degrees off vertical,and you're on the wrong side. I'm not a newbie(No claims on the dumbass bit),and I dropped my Sportster while pushing it,a couple of years ago. Whenever possible,I straddle the bike,and paddle it with my feet.

Cheers!
Bruce

dscott3509

Two Stroke
I was straddling it and duck-walking out. My left foot slipped on some dirt, it started to tilt to the left, and due to the broken arm and cast, I couldn't save it. When I realized it was going over, I just jumped to the right to keep from doing more damage to my arm. Just some bad luck.

Jimi X

moped
I did the same on ice. Tried to cross 25 ft. of rutted, melting ice in my lane way after returning from getting a new rear tire.

I really thought I could just get it rolling, pull in the clutch and coast over it,...WRONG!

Fortunately, I didn't have a broken arm. So after realizing that the rear tire was sliding to the right and trying to muscle it, to keep it up,...I gently as possible lowered it to the ground on it's left side, to a NORMAL, gravity induced, resting position. The ice was clean so no scratches but it snapped off the shift pin.

A single tracker by definition is unstable,..The preferred state of equilibrium must be constantly maintained by artificial means.

Ya,...I'm a dumb-ass to.

wolfie

Two Stroke
I realize this is a bit of a Zombie thread, but I'm bored.

How's your arm doing Scott? Did you get to do any riding before the weather went to crap?

Don't feel too bad, I managed to dump mine in the driveway a month after purchase while waxing the chain of all things. (freaking lack of center stand) Gave the excuse to buy some Tors and bar end mirrors.

T-boy

Rocker
I know where you're comin' from, brother. I trailered my Bonnie Black to it's first service because the weather was cold and crappy that day. When I picked it up I forgot to put the kickstand up...got a running start to push it up the ramp...and promptly got my foot entangled with the stand when I hit the trailer bed. Luckily, my wife was with me and witnessed my struggling to keep my baby upright. As I let go, she threw herself between the bike and trailer. End result: Bonnie no damage, not a scratch, zilch, zero. Wife: bruised shoulder and arm. This all happened within eyesight of my dealer. At least they had something to talk about over dinner that night! And yes, I've owned bikes for many years. Is there anybody out there that hasn't done something assnine at one time or another?

Hope your arm heals fast, bud.

dscott3509

Two Stroke
Thanks, all. Arm's all healed, the bike's all healed, and I appear to be done with the vertigo. The vertigo was a 3-month ordeal. I was able to get out and ride for a short ride a few days ago, only about 3 miles in the neighborhood, but it was all slow and just trying to get used to the bike again. Then we got socked in with a foot of snow this week, so my car hasn't left the garage. Once we get the weather cleared, I'll be back out riding.

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Luckily, my wife was with me and witnessed my struggling to keep my baby upright. As I let go, she threw herself between the bike and trailer. End result: Bonnie no damage, not a scratch, zilch, zero. Wife: bruised shoulder and arm.

Man your wife is hardcore:headbang2: Definitely had to put her on the GOOD list for Christmas!
:up::woot::worthy:

keep'er

Luckily, my wife was with me and witnessed my struggling to keep my baby upright. As I let go, she threw herself between the bike and trailer. End result: Bonnie no damage, not a scratch, zilch, zero. Wife: bruised shoulder and arm. Hope your arm heals fast, bud.

T-boy;

You're lucky man. your wife is definitely a keeper, treat her well!!!!:c

Bill

T-boy

Rocker
Yeah, I've got to admit...she's saved my butt more than once over the years. And as an added bonus, she likes to do yard work! I take a bike ride while she cuts the grass. Sounds fair to me.