Ipod charging

Hedge

American Infidel
In respect to the whole thing, every single fucking time I ride in a group with even one rider in that group on a goldwing, someone gets hurt.

Skint
That's exactly why UncleCharlie and I don't participate in big group rides! To many variables that can get many people hurt!

TeeBee

scooter
Back to the topic:

I have checked out the Powerlet website, but can't find anything that plugs into the socket that is under the tank. Just stuff to connect directly to the battery or into the accesories socket (that is an accessorie). Anybody?

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
The socket under the tank... there's actually two of them, one switched and one not. The one that's not is intended for use with a battery tender, the other is intended to be connected to the accessory socket. The form factor of those plugs is relatively standard, you should be able to find them at Newark Electronics or somewhere like that, if you want to cobble your own.

But it looks like you want the accessory socket, coupled with the Powerlet PPC-012 "iPOD, iPOD Nano Powerlet Power Cable", if you don't want to make your own.

TeeBee

scooter
Thanks BlueJ. Guess that is the route that I'll go (but not the PPC-012 (as I don't use an iPod), but a PPC-015).

Greetings,
Thor

bdavanza

Street Tracker
cheap connector

This is what I bought at Walmart. It plugs in to my battery tender connector. It has a nice little cap. I have cig lighter sized power outlet to charge phones, ipods, gps, whatever except for a lighter. Best of all it was maybe $5 at the most. If you don't have a tender connector, they are sold separate, or just splice this item and put some terminals on the ends for the battery. All this powerlet stuff seems expensive and unnecessary.
-Ben

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Good work BD - actually the powerlet thing would plug into that thing, providing an adapter from cigarette lighter (or BMW-style plug, which is similar but different) to mini-USB, which is what's needed to charge the 'pods.

This is what I bought at Walmart. It plugs in to my battery tender connector. It has a nice little cap. I have cig lighter sized power outlet to charge phones, ipods, gps, whatever except for a lighter. Best of all it was maybe $5 at the most. If you don't have a tender connector, they are sold separate, or just splice this item and put some terminals on the ends for the battery. All this powerlet stuff seems expensive and unnecessary.
-Ben

My Mall Wart doesn't stock those. :(

Soulrebel

Street Tracker
Skinthead,
Speak your piece, I don't think you should fear being banned from this site. Although, you might aquire a new "title."

"Tinkle, tinkle"

you like pee pee don't you?

331793_1.jpg

drip drip drip

TC_Dick

TT Racer
Back to the topic:

I have checked out the Powerlet website, but can't find anything that plugs into the socket that is under the tank. Just stuff to connect directly to the battery or into the accesories socket (that is an accessorie). Anybody?

I picked up a cable at the local BMW dealership that plugs into the triumph socket and runs to a cig. lighter socket. The cable is the perfect length to run into my tank bag and was used to repeatedly charge my iphone as I was on the road for 2 weeks.

on the powerlet site, it's the "cigar cable".

pac002.jpg

RonD

Scooter
That's exactly why UncleCharlie and I don't participate in big group rides! To many variables that can get many people hurt!

That statement is so correct I have been down the road on my ass twice both times riding with a group on sports bikes, you find yourself in situations like you may stop to adjust your gear then have to play catch up, or you have been stuck at a light and you need to get on the gas to stay in touch because the pack leader the only one thats been to this destination and knows the road ect.

Hedge

American Infidel
For those that must wear music while riding!

OK all you iPod Motorcycle people - here is exactly what your looking for once you get the correct stuff from above posts!

iGo - iPhone & iPod- Auto Power Adapter
http://www.buy.com/prod/igo-iphone-ipod-auto-power-adapter/q/loc/111/208170294.html

Did I mention FREE S&H? :D If your interested, you should pull the trigger immediately, they usually only have a limited amount at this price and can stop the deal at any time!

Stretch

Scooter
skinthead is right. It's the same reason they have made laws in many states agains talking on cell phones while driving. A motorcycle is the last place you want to be futzing with an IPOD. I scorn people that talk on cell phones while driving. I have to admit, I've thought about listening to music with noise canceling earbud headphones to make a long ride more enjoyable. But like someone stated in past post, its clearly stated that it is illegal. You need to be able to hear whats going on with your bike, and your surroundings for the safety of yourself, and the safety of others. I'm all for riding safe, and not becoming another motorcyle statistic that raises the insurance rates higher than the already insane rate. That's my two cents.

Although, I might add, Smashing someone ipod does not make it right, nor does it solve the problem. I just hope that person with the ipod learned from what happened, and maybe learned that paying attention to whats going on around them is more important than getting more cowbell. Ok you know its a free country. You can do what you want, but you have to be ready to accept the extra risk, riding a bike is already way up there, do you really want to test murphy to see how bad your can learn his law?

Last edited: